Survival Leadership Tips

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Every group trying to survive in a post-SHTF world, will need a leader or leaders (is that you?), that will stand-up, take charge and lead from the front. Setting the example, leading the way and watching out over the groups safety in everything they do. I thought the below article, has some very strong points about leadership, worthy of sharing, digesting and living by!!
    YD

5 Leadership Tips From A Man With A Beard - | @TheRhinoDen | Home Of All Things Military

2. gundog10

gundog10 Monkey++

Very good stuff, I only wish I had a copy a few years ago in my "working years", but then again, you can lead a horse to water........ Thanks

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

So very true. I got three words for that one: West Point Officer

Holy ooogly moogly

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Everyone has talents/skills of one kind or another and they need to be utilized to the best possible way. If you can realize these and encourage their use then you will be an effective leader. Some will need an encouraging pat on the back and some will need a boot to the back side. There is a great difference in a real leader and a tyrant.

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

conversely regardless of intellect, ... everyone is ignorant... just in different subjects...

as to some of the comments "The best leaders are never the smartest person in the room" This is generalized B.S. if you have a room of special needs people and one who is above average... who do you would make the better leader? ( I hate generalizations I guess it's the statistician in me so you will have to forgive my prejudice)

YMMV

tulianr likes this.
  6. Brokor

LOL! [lolol]

I think the point being made was more of a warning FOR potential leaders not to try to always be the smartest guy in the room, more than it was just a baseless statement.

Wisdom here.

Some of the worst leaders are usually the type who are first to voice their opinion, and they are the ones who self-appoint themselves as leaders in civilian groups. They have to be in charge because they have something to prove or they just can't stand taking orders from anybody else. They often try to come up with every solution on their own, and won't hear what anybody else has to say. People such as this will lose more acceptance as time goes by...

This is exactly what happens, far too often. Such is the pride of men.

stg58, tulianr and Yard Dart like this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Job 1 for any leader is to ensure his replacement is up to speed. Period.

8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Leaders make good targets.

Gopherman likes this.
  9. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Some people are Natural Born Leaders and lead, others are Natural Born Leaders and are just too lazy to do it, and others aren't pre-disposed to Lead at all, until something really bad happens, then they shine!!
    Nobody's a Hero until they get into a position that warrants Heroism!

Yard Dart likes this.
  10. -06

-06 Monkey+++

There is a saying--Lead, follow, or get the h--- out of the way.

11. Yard Dart

Exactly right my friend..... you are either making it happen as a leader.... part of the solution.... or an impediment to the job getting done.

Elessar likes this.
  12. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

If you can keep your head while everyone else around you is loosing theirs.. you obviously don't understand the real situation...;)

13. Yard Dart

[LMAO] Sometimes that is true... but if you are doing things right.... you do understand the situation....and are prepared as best you know how to be.

14. Brokor

...or you are the one holding the axe. :lol:

15. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Bruce Willis said it in Die Hard: "Quit being part of the effin problem..." and become part of the solution.

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If your NOT part of the solution, then you are just a Precipitant" That is a Chemistry Joke.....[lolol]

techsar and kellory like this.
  1. OlDiceGames
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Prepsteader13
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Alanaana
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Coyote Ridge