Survivalism On Fox News

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Shinmen Takezo, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Shinmen Takezo

Shinmen Takezo Monkey+++

Just saw this video.
    Good stuff.
    It will make people think.
    But between us all--these guys in the vids are lightweights compared to us! lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL1ypI9RPMQ&feature=player_embedded#t=419

But for all you newbie lurkers out there don't laugh.
    I am reminded of the big Los Angeles earthquake in the 90's.
    My wife and I lived directly across the street from that collapsed apartment that was seen on tv--the one with all the people trapped inside.
    A couple hours after the quake hit, I drove out to Santa Monica to check on my friends.
    And I was greeted with a curious site... all along Lincoln Boulevard (a main residential street), there were people sitting on the curb, rocking back and forth, weeping and sobbing still in their pajamas.
    The didn't have a clue on what to do, or where to go.
    I guess they were waiting for the blocks of government cheese and grief counselors to arrive.

As I walked into my friend's apartment building I passed a man and his wife sitting on the curb--blubbering.
    I laughed at him openly and the people around him.

I am wondering (meaning you newbie lurkers) are you going to wind up the same as this guy? lol!

ST

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

ya, I think that this has been posted before.

Ya gotta start somewhere, and if this gets a handful of people to wake up and take care of themselves, then it's a good start.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Cute blonde. :)

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Light-weight prepping is far better than NO prepping. BUT..... can they keep what they have when TSHTF? [peep]

5. cowboy63645

cowboy63645 Monkey++

For the on newbie looking in on this, it is some good information, for those of us that know what to do and when, it is just another reminder that we need to keep ourselves stocked and prepared in our normal daily routine

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7