surviving an attack on a bus, train, or confined spaces

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by sec_monkey, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Brass knuckled blade - Carol's favorite weapon on Walking Dead

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Lets see, Wear a surgical mask and act like you have the bungasfungus
    Hickory cane for wacking
    Coins in a pair of socks, This... when you swing it will stretch out a couple of feet.
    Snake around your neck is always a good deterrent...Except for freaks, There's always a freak that wants to play with your snake[ROFL]

3. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

If in an AO that bans 'weighted' canes,
    this "ice aid" may be handy to slam into an attacker's face or knee

[​IMG]

a slide & lock commercial version
    [​IMG]

If you AO is silent of weighted canes, there is this beauty
    [​IMG]
    This little number fit over the rubber tip found on many canes
    [​IMG]
    For ice, you know... Made in Texas for traversing the vast icefields of...Austin?
    (https://www.texasknife.com/vcom/pro...=2491&osCsid=8d7ee4fcfdf26de72f846f5fa6f4ba99)

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. DKR

While canes can be used as a 'defensive weapon" you will still need hand/forearm protection

[​IMG]
    "When geezers attack..."

The first strike should have been at the knife hand - this shows the geezer could take a knife to the
    Arm
    armpit (bronchial artery)
    forearm/elbow
    and of-course, his ample abdomen

[​IMG]
    not a lot better - all the above applies.

A spike to the face, OTOH, is certainly distracting... A spike to the eye, even better.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  5. DKR

Canes can be worthless

[​IMG]

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  6. DKR

A quick trip to the cooler, if found in most jurisdictions Not for the concealment as much as the length. You could kill someone.....

[​IMG]

happily, Alaska is not one of those places.

Of course, you can carry a concealed gat without a permit, so the sword cane is a bit archaic.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  7. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[coo] [coo] @DRK (y) (y)

or use yer [m16] if ya got it wid ya or yer [gun]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. DKR

LOL

Doesn't quite fit in the pocket and ordinarily draws a lot on unwanted attention....

Canes, not so much.

9. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

indeed

there are concealable options uv cuz ;) ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Oh man, my wife has one of those. She had polio as a child and walks with a cane anyway. About a year ago she picked up one with about an 16" spike concealed in the handle. Wicked looking,,,and cool

oldawg, Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If you carry a base ball bat, you'd best be carrying a ball and mit as well ,other wise an officer will/ can if he wishes read your actions as intent .
    If you have a legitimate need to be walking with a cane that is another
    issue .
    If you suspect your being fallowed and pick up something to defend your self that's another thing . No one should have to wait till they are being accosted before they take necessary action .
    But corrupt courts can see thing the way they want.
    This has also occurred ,
    Unfortunately some people don't think about how some noble action might be misinterpreted . For instance ,A woman walking unknowingly drops her wallet and a stranger runs to return it to her. She being a bit paranoid interprets his action as aggression, running at her with something in his hand .
    You can imagine how this might escalate negatively .
    Realizing how ones actions might be misinterpreted can avert a lot of negative situations .
    My take in this event, would be that she first look to see that she has all her possessions including her defensive tools as well . But with enough reserve that if in deed her wallet is missing her guard reduced to code yellow . but if she has her wallet code red remains . Problem is you can't be standing there "deer in head lights" you have to act . Statistics show most people freeze, and have no idea what to do ,no training , no will to act.
    Something starts going wrong , look for an escape, take pictures, send them, weigh the event as it develops, and make you way away if you can . I keep an audio recording device on me so I can remember things I need, or need to do . This also is valuable if one is being threatened.

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

13. DKR

Gadgets

Motomom34 and sec_monkey like this.
  14. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

All of these thing require training and practice and most importantly the will to use them.

15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

There is absolutely no law against carrying your change in a sock,hahaha

sec_monkey likes this.
  16. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I spend 5 years policing an SF bus station in the 80s and have been in a lot of fights on a bus. The confined space works to the defender. people can move and you have to reach over and around to grip or strike. Its almost impossible to swing a stick or cane because of seats and people.
    I had a 12 inch Billy club that worked well. For the well prepared a 2 d cell mag light should do the trick.

Gator 45/70, ghrit and sec_monkey like this.
  17. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I have a need for a steel retractable tape measure in lots of my travels. I can think of lots of several defensive uses for it, and some other very unpleasant uses as well.

18. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I've learned most knife/asp conflict requires getting after 'em and staying after 'em. Never yield the initiative, never pass up a cheap shot, and use your words to scare/unnerve/infuriate the enemy.

I prefer roaring maniacal laughter. It gets the air in and out well and makes the opponent feel like the prey they now are.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7