Tactical Sharpie?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have seen a tactical pen on here, kind of pricey but people say you cannot put a price on your safety. Just saw this article on how to make a tactical sharpie marker. I have lots of Sharpies, they are a must for all preppers because they assist in making food rotation easier. The article does say to check with local laws regarding carrying a tactical sharpie.

Materials needed are:

Piece of Rubber or Jar Gripper ( I used a piece of bicycle inner tube)
    Hot Glue Gun or Epoxy (if you want it a lot stronger, will take longer for epoxy to set)
    File or Bench Grinder
    Hack Saw
    Small Screw Driver (like for eyeglasses)
    1 Sharpie Fine Point Marker
    1 11/64 Drill bit (preferably a longer sized drill bit)

Follow the link to learn how to make your own Sharpie Tactical marker-
    DIY Everyday Carry Sharpie Tactical Marker - Preparing for shtf

[​IMG]

Mountainman, AD1 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

3M-TA3, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Good idea, and easy to understand instructions. Not sure how penetrative this would be with the large shoulder and body behind the point. It is also no longer a Sharpie, and might draw an illegal concealed weapon charge in certain circumstances.

I carry a Zebra F301 pen, which has a steel body, when I'm out and about. This is one of the tips I picked up in Emerson's book 100 Deadly Skills. No laws against carrying a working pen, but it substitutes as a very effective close combat weapon with practice.

I suppose many pens would work, especially metal bodied ones, but the SEALs prefer the Zebras and they are supposedly strong enough to penetrate a human skull with enough oomph behind them, and for $2 I can't complain about the price.

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. Dunerunner
  3. oldman11
  4. Ganado
  5. Big Ron
  6. Benjamin A. Wood
  7. Benjamin A. Wood
  8. Grandpa Patch
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid