TEOTWAWKI Are You Better Off Shooting a Stranger then Letting them into Your Shelter?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Feb 25, 2017.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Yeah Tribe seems to be the way to go

Wow I like how you think outside of the box. I need to start thinking that way
    Interesting point I hadn't considered! Thank you
    too!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2017
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Well of course...shoot first...ask questions later, after stripping the corpses of anything useful....sure don't want anything to go to waste, and you never know...he / she /they might have some ammo to terminate with extreme prejudice any further intruders who wander into your defended asset zone....string the corpses up along the approaches to your property as a deterrent to other random wanderers / intruders, upload_2017-2-26_16-13-8. just giving them fair warning of their guaranteed fate should they follow that path to your defended citadel any further. (enshrouding the corpses in a chicken wire cage/sack should be a serviceable modern solution...no need for blacksmithing) If that doesn't scare off intruders....nothing will....oh, it also might suggest that there is an armed and dangerous misanthrope in the neighbourhood who is a danger to anyone wanting to trade some gumbo beans for a cup of sugar. Someone (kinfolk of the victim perhaps) may decide to persuade the neighbourhood committee for public safety to organize an armed misanthrope eradication program. I hope you have a good supply of chicken wire...and ammo. :(

3. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Defending a home is useless. I'd burn you out. Your resistance will also be noted by others who will quickly decide that what you have that is so worth defending should be theirs. If you are in a major city, your only plan should be to vacate, hopefully before you need to.

Yard Dart, Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When S meets the F some where like L.A. people will be doing shit to each other the likes of which us civilized people can't even begin to comprehend.

5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Generally speaking - hide. Be as discreet as possible. No one other than like-minded friendlies should know that you're even there. Let the rest of the population take all the risks and kill each other.

6. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

I'm not sure how many of you have read the story in another forum, called "The Unwelcome Sign" I know he was looking for a publisher, so I don't know if it's on Amazon yet, he had a sequel but I no longer am welcome on that forum... LOL.

You have to get close enough to burn someone out, my BOL is brick and mortar with a concrete tile roof, not much for a fire to get started on, already have survived a wildfire that burned everything up to the walls, if you get close enough to add fuel (in short supply), they you will already be dead, I can see 300-400 yards in all directions, if someone approaches without a white flag, they get 1 warning shot as I am sighting in my rifle....

I know this all sounds cruel, would I shoot the young family with children.... hell yes, if they made it that far, then they are probably a Trojan Horse. Throw all compassion out the window, use common sense.

Rancher

Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

john316 and chelloveck like this.
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

You mean all the time I've spent forging these iron cages, and rigging the bank of the moat with foogass and claymores was wasted??:eek:

Gator 45/70 and chelloveck like this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The first rule of Fight Club is...there is no Fight Club!
    Seriously, don't be seen. Nothing is going to stop a hostile group from coming into your territory besides superior force. A one man army is not like it is in the movies --life is hard, nature is unforgiving, and death comes quick. Your greatest weapon is your mind, use it. Utilize your surroundings to your advantage. If you are in a bug out situation and require temporary accommodations, the skill of lock picking can save your life. An abandoned industrial complex or empty model home may prove to be useful, but you don't want to leave any sign you're there. Always plan to avoid a fight, not stand your ground. Let some other fool die protecting a chunk of real estate, keep on guard and always plan to move. That's not to say that folks who are bugging in are foolish if it's their property (which nobody owns anyway but that's a different discussion). I just mean you should move silently and leave no trace as you head toward your bug out location.

Now, if you are planning to live out in the woods somewhere, the basics are the same. Your "shelter" should always be seen as a temporary place to hold down. You should always have secondary and tertiary points to relocate, and never stay too long in one place anyway. If you have taken the time to scout the area you wish to live, you ought to find high ground with a clear route of egress so you can duck out safely. The optimum place would be something like I described, with an easy approach angle like a gully or a clearing so you can see the enemy coming and to offer them no option but to walk in the open. It's like hunting, but you have to keep in mind that you can be the prey if you don't have your wits about you. You could tie trip lines to tin cans to give you a warning, but don't place them on game trails or you will just end up crapping your britches for no good reason. Keep organized and set in motion an escape routine so you can be gone in less than 60 seconds, scattered to the wind. Use common sense and do not start a camp fire in an area you know to be populated, and use a Dakota pit or small stove like an Esbit or Kelly Kettle to minimize smoke. If you are being hunted by some serious hunters and they have dogs, a squirt of pepper spray across your trail ought to keep them howling a good long time while you get away.

Build your bug out kit to suit your needs. Keep your kit functioning and know how to use it. Use a compartmentalization technique to keep it organized and simple to use, even in low light conditions. Finally, discipline yourself to take out only what you need and store what you aren't using. Keep it simple.

All of these things I have mentioned can be researched on these forums by using the tags search: Search Tags | Survival Monkey Forums

10. chelloveck

Not in the least, but you could at least update your defensive works at least to Vauban standards...;)

Sébastien Le Prestre de Vauban - Wikipedia

also, be prepared for Trojan horses.....

upload_2017-2-27_8-23-59.

11. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Yep...you can use the stomachs for water carriers, sinew for cordage, maybe put the heads on pikes for deterrence or invitation, depending on who comes across it. Heck, when you run out of ammo you can use their larger bones as clubs. Nothing goes to waste! :D

To the OP: Seriously, if you are in a location where your only choice is to kill every stranger, you are going to die. Your first priority should NOT be figuring out how to kill everyone, but how to get yourself and some supplies out of there and to a situation that is more defensible and sustainable. Best be doing that sooner, rather than later.

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

As many of the previous posts have pointed out, you are not going to stop them. Time for reality to set in, and for you to stop thinking of anything other than getting out of town, PREEMPTIVELY. As in tomorrow or the day after.
    It seems to me that your cart is before the horse, pending some practical study rather than hypothetical questions.

chelloveck and chimo like this.
  13. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

"Fixed fortifications are a monument to the stupidity of man." -- General George S Patton Jr.

14. shaman

shaman Monkey++

I have a simple solution to all this: fake the plague.

Let's just say you have a family show up at your door. Be kind. Be cordial. Have a code word and a plan. When you show up at the house with the family, utter the codeword and your partner (wife, girlfriend, head harem girl, whatever) starts coughing her lungs up. You act uninterested. "Just a little sniffle," you say. "It's going to run it's course overnight." Invite everyone in for soup. Make sure your confederate visibly coughs into the soup before serving it. Have her complain of various pains, hurl into a bucket-- whatever it takes. Put her to bed. Look worried, but don't say anything. Tell everyone you're glad they're here, because it's gotten so lonely lately.

They'll be gone before the moon rises. Promise.

If it doesn't work initially, show them the graveyard out back with the other victims. Make sure the graves always have fresh dirt on them. 5-minutes with a spade once a week is enough. Rotate which one you spade up so there's an obvious progression. Leave a rusty shovel out back, and maybe let folks sneak a peak while you go out back to dig a fresh one.

Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  15. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Book of Eli.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I like the fake grave idea

Motomom34 likes this.
  17. shaman

shaman Monkey++

Another thing to think about:

Years ago, I was traveling and stopped for the night at a house at the end of a road. I'd gone the wrong way and did not think I was going to backtrack successfully before dark. I was backpacking, so I simply asked the folks if I could camp in the yard overnight and be on my way in the morning. They were amazingly compliant with my request and invited me in for dinner.

They were eccentrics. Over the course of the next few hours they started dropping hints. Dinner was going to be vegetarian stew-- unless a suitable source of meat could be found. You know, that sort of thing. Nobody would answer straight questions. Everything got vaguely threatening. The guy started sharpening knives in front of me. The woman kept cackling in the kitchen about stuff rolling around in her head that she would not divulge.

Where they going to have me for dinner or where they going to have me for dinner? I ate some vege stew. The three of us barely put a hurt on what was in the pot. I was told it was a fresh batch of perpetual stew and it was going to last a week or more. It really just needed a special something . . .

Despite the offer of a spare bedroom, I waited until they had gone to bed and lit out up the road. I figured they were just petty sadists wanting to have fun with me, but it was not a hypothesis worth testing. There was a for sale sign on a farm up the road and the house was empty. I camped behind their barn and was on the road early the next morning.

My point is I don't think it would take much in the way of theatrics to get a family like that to keep moving. Hints of anything like pedophilia, cannibalism, bestiality, devil worship or other any other eccentric anathema would be enough to send most protective parents scurrying back the way they came. I was a big, strong able-bodied fellow when I ran across those two, but I was scared stiff.

18. chelloveck

Did they look like George and Martha?

upload_2017-3-10_0-39-14.

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  19. shaman

shaman Monkey++

Both of them were in their mid-20's. They were pagans and had a lot of pagan stuff around their house. She was a seamstress. He was a skinny pretty boy with a goatee. After he changed out of his work clothes I found out he was wearing fishnets under his robe. They talked of starting a pagan hermitage and living off the donations and free work of rich college kids. There was an upscale liberal arts college in a nearby town.

20. chelloveck

It could have been worse...the whole Frankenfurter costume. ;)

1. Waydah
  2. DKR
  3. Motomom34
  4. Swedish woman
  5. TnAndy
  6. deMolay
  7. oil pan 4
  8. HK_User
  9. duane
  10. DarkLight
  11. Motomom34
  12. duane