Thank Survival Monkey Forum for Telling Me About N-95 Masks Years Ago

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Nov 3, 2020.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

It wasn't teasing and it just got old constantly defending myself. The negative comments didn't bother me per se but spending time defensively replying did if that makes sense,

2. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

That has been the only positive surprise so far during this crisis. So far food, water, etc. has been plentiful available but who knows when the second wave hits. I also did learn from this forum to be the Gray Man, Mr. Invisible as much as I can. I was going to post sign in the building lobby telling these people to store up on Resources but I thought that would get me noticed and put a target on my back. No Good deed goes unpunished! I did get Buddybar Door Jammer Home Security Door Bar but that will only get me so far in preventing them from breaking in 61jYEcfkf9L._AC_SL1500_. 61jYEcfkf9L._AC_SL1500_.

3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That's the ticket ED,Tell em to put a passion mark on the old round brown and keep on truck'n !

ghrit likes this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I guess I wonder at the need to defend oneself. Seems a lack of self confidence might be contributory. Sometimes silence fits the greyman concept better.

Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

It won't stop people forever, but will keep you from being the low hanging fruit. Hopefully they just move on and either don't come back or give you time to relocate. Just by thinking through this and having the preps you have put you in the top few percentages of those around.

6. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

The door bar should help but many of us would still recommend that you move to greener pastures. Not because we dislike you, Ed but because we care about your safety. I have relatives I keep picking on to relocate somewhere safer too.

3M-TA3, Thunder5Ranch and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I like it, Reminds me of an old time car/jeep/truck jack, Wish I would have thought of that !

8. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Trailer/Truck Load Locks work real good if you have solid wall opposite the door.......... and the door opens in and not out :)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Well its a 2 way lock to some and a 1 way lock to others......
    If the door opens to the outside...that baby goes doorknob horizontal high and ties off to the door......of coarse a 2x4 could do the same....Horizontally....

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  10. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Yep can be used to lock someone in or out LOL

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

ED it's good to hear from you again! I too stocked up on N-95 masks back in February. I still had a couple of boxes of both N-95 and surgical masks that I got in 2009 when the H1N1 flu was making the rounds. I work at a big box store called Rural King and have been able to snag a couple of more boxes over the summer...saw them in receiving and bought them before they hit the floor. I learned that N-95 masks can be reused several times, if you sterilize them in an oven pre-heated to 160 F. for 30 minutes. Usually the elastic stays will fail after being worn several times, but I sterilized my old masks and keep them as an emergency reserve...I just have to replace the stays.
    ED while we might have seemed harsh we were just trying to keep a tenderfoot out of the hospital, jail or the grave. Stay safe and well!

12. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Well now I know why every RK within 50 miles of me never gets restocked now :)

Gator 45/70 and VisuTrac like this.
  13. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

in regard to the N95 and N100 disposable masks >> don't get fooled into thinking this Virus has been a real honest to goodness pandemic - it's in name only - if it was even a 20-30% killer much less a 60-80% "3 steps and dead" - these masks are a joke >>> you need to gear up adequately for the real thing ....

you need a decent respirator with full face view - plenty of filter spares / a few Typar suits / heavy duty poly gloves / rubber boots /plenty of gaffers tape to tie it all together at the seams ....

14. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Said the man setting on 25,000 rds. of .223/5.56 ammo at a price so low that one might be tempted to call it a steal!:ROFLMAO:

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I got ALL that stuff!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Hey I offered to return it, manager refused the offer.

3M-TA3, Merkun and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

I have been using my N-95 masks once when I am forced to go out and then put them in a seperate box to be rotated and used 30+ days later and leave them outside on my outside balcony without washing them. Is this wrong? The bottom line is I rotate using each N-95 Mask at least monthly or longer and don't physically clean them because they are left outside in the open air when not worn 24 hours a day.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

You probably are right, I'd just rather be safe than sorry,

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am in Colorado which is Nuevo California. Masks are mandatory here, most comply unless you are at a conservative event. At first we had to stay home and only travel for work but now life seems normal except for the masks and occasionally getting yelled at by the old ladies in the grocery store. The local store has arrows on the floor because aisles are one-way now but I tend to forget and those old ladies take those one-way aisles seriously.

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Are they the N-95's with filters like these?
    mask.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7