The CH751 Key

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by stg58, Apr 1, 2014.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Many are probably of aware how widely the CH751 lockset is used on Genset cabinets, RV's, lock boxes, bins on bucket trucks and other vehicles.

In some situations it may be good to have a CH751 key and if you have a lockset using a CH751 key you may want to change it...Added..Because I have a key;)

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Mike, Hammerhead and Yard Dart like this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Most lifts and power equipment use the same keys as well.

Mike likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Those that do use the 751 also have a murphy switch on them, well hidden. (Or should, if it's yours ---)

Mike likes this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I had a car that was stolen three times, but it never got very far away. I had installed a cut off switch for the electric fuel pump under the driver's seat.
    It gets power two ways, one when cranking, and one while running ( key positions).
    By switching the run leg, it would start easily but die within a block. It was found about half a mile away last time, with no damage, and drove perfrctly , once the switch was thrown. ;)

5. Mike

Mike Ol' Army Sergeant Monkey

The CH751 lock is easily defeated using rudimentary tools. Not for secure storage. But as was said long ago "A lock only keeps out honest people"

kellory likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7