The Dirt on Doomsday Prepper Show

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ColtCarbine, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I can respect the 2nd. one's in the show for the HUGE seed supply..After that...Total fruit loop's...Welder is good to go...I have to agree his BOL is way the heck in the boonie's...I do like the blow torch at the front door for Zombie determent...

BTPost and hank2222 like this.
  2. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Does anyone remember a very famous quote by Col Jeff Cooper from Gunsite when he was alive and running it back in the 80's era time frame .

He once told a class that a Expert was a person to stupid to learn anything else because he knew everything all ready .He used to tell the class that he was a good at many things in his life but no expert because of all wanting to know more knowage about the subect's of staying alive in bad times .

That statement allways have stuck with me over the year's when i have meet the socalled experts in alot of areas of my former work

3. Stormfeather

Stormfeather I do bad things to bad people.

Thats good stuff right there!

(didnt know you was over here too Hank!)

hank2222 likes this.
  4. Wampuscat

Wampuscat Monkey

That's the best description of "expert" that I've heard yet. Sort of goes along with my Dad"s description of most people with a whole string of letters after their name being " educated beyond their intelligence."

hank2222 likes this.
  5. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

My wife's grandfather always expresses a P.H.D. as meaning Piled Higher and Deeper.

hank2222 and BTPost like this.
  6. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I've always broken expert down into its component parts (slight spelling change required for the root words):

Ex - former or a has been.

Spurt - drip under pressure.

Expert (ex-spurt): just a has-been drip under pressure!

hank2222 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7