The First Four Things You Would Do After Bugging Out Into the Woods

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Dunerunner, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Most of the mountains I know , I know well, and many of my friends, know well too.
    The odds are, that any place you plan on going , having been there before , others have been there as well, If it is a favorite place, and if so the odds are that they too will want to live there as well .
    Most of the nice places I know of in the mountains, are also some of the most vulnerable for a defensive strategy. there is not enough wild life to sustain a family on for long . rivers and streams are stocked with fish by external sources (farms) , they are not reproducing in the local waters.
    For gardening the ground is acidic, from the years of pine trees, so little but weeds grow and or you would have to recondition the soil and probably have green houses to keep the critters and insects out.
    It would take a lot of preparation but doing so with the volumes of people exploring the woods you'd be found out in short order.
    Now IF you could find a mine that was well shored and reinforce it and grow a lot of vegetation in the area to camouflage the area and the mine ,except for those the know the mine ,you might keep it secret a while . (people still love to explore mines )
    Now for folks living there already and are prepers ,and your barging in, you'll be lucky to escape with your lives post SHTF .
    I venture to say that they have a plan to blockade the roads all around their area even selected locals might no be allowed back in.
    If you were one of them you would too.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

There is a reason that folks mostly do NOT live in the Woods.... It is because they can NOT live there... They need the Creature Comforts of Citified Living, so they choose to live in Citified Places... those of US, who do live out here, and have done so for decades, know that WE CAN Live here, because we have learned HOW... The first three years are the hardest, while you are figuring out all the Ins & Outs of making a Go of It, out here.... Once you have those SkillSets mastered and you Infrastructure, in place, it gets comfortable, and Doable.... HOWEVER, Many who try, fail before the first winter is over, and some just can NOT sustain the lifestyle, for more than it takes to learn the 'Skillsets, required.... If you have not DONE IT, do NOT assume that you can...

AxesAreBetter likes this.
  1. Asia-Off-Grid
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. ED GEiN
  4. yeti695
  5. Motomom34
  6. Motomom34
  7. Brokor
  8. IndieMama
  9. Witch Doctor 01
  10. college survivalist
  11. andrew ebert