the flood.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by VisuTrac, May 14, 2011.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

well, last night we got 4 inches of rain in about 2 hours. Lightening and all. It was epic!

This morning we awoke to a sink hole in the front yard
    [​IMG]
    looks like the mole issue may have been solved and i didn't have to drain the well to do it.

The road is nice and quiet
    [​IMG]

shoulder is washed out on both sides
    [​IMG]

and a cross the face
    [​IMG]

We found a storm weary surviver of the deluge.
    [​IMG]
    We decided not to eat 'em.

hank2222 and ranchgirl like this.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Three or four more of those 'survivors', and get the fry pan ready! Nice set of gams! :D

Be careful with those washouts and sinkholes. Here in Florida they sometimes get bigger and deeper......

3. VisuTrac

and we are suppose to have rain here for the next 3-5 days.
    I'm afraid that where we planted the garden , the seed my have moved. Probably going to replant it where the straw mulch was washed away.

4. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

We are in the same situation. It has been raining a lot more than normal. Your terrain looks a lot like ours. We have a creek that runs through our farm and at one time the water was running over top of the bridge, it is normally 6-7 feet below the bridge. But all the new trees we have put in this year are getting a good start. :D

BWM

5. VisuTrac

if this keeps up

wow! even the sandy area have ponds now!
    I'm glad i got a good jump on my boat
    [​IMG]

so far this month we've had snow for 2 days, 85+ degrees with 90% humidity, 70 at night, 30 at night with frost and now 4 days of rain.

Woot I love Michigan.

Falcon15 and hank2222 like this.
  6. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

i see you ready for the flood and we know it comeing ..great pics of the road there ..

7. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Glad to see everyone is ok (relatively speaking). I would have ate those bull legs...yum.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7