THE GENERAL (NEW BOV)

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Kingfish, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Well as much as I didn't want to spend the money the dying Dodge pickup truck forced our hands so Friday after 11 years My wife has put the old Doge out to pasture. Her new car and our new BOV is this very cool Toyota FJ CRUISER Limited edition in Army Green trail riders special. 285 hp v6 , auto, three phase 4wd and it talks to us. It has a woman,s voice. My wife already told her to shut up and the computer said Pardon? lol. Here is the General.

For some reason I can not post pictures? KF

There we go I got it to work but had to do 1 at a time. Still get the forbidden screen every other time. KF
    P1010012.JPG P1010013.JPG P1010014.JPG P1010015.JPG P1010017.JPG

eeyore, E.L., LogOut and 5 others like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yeah..Several of us cannot post picts'...
    Nice ride if we could see it...ccc...

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yeah, there's a hitch in the attachment thingus. Also in the blog RSS. Can't find it myself, we'll have to hold on, somehow, until tomorrow.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

S'ok. I gotta hitch in my getalong these days...slows me down too!

5. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I still cant post pictures yet. Any help Melbo? KF

6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Trying a pic via "Photbucket" free photo upload site:

DSCN0002_smaller.

terracer likes this.
  7. Seawolf1090

Hot dang! It works!

Google up "Photobucket", and you can load your photos to it, then use the URL they supply associated with each pic to display on a forum site. It's pretty easy once you get into it. It's free and you can set up various 'albums' for different topics. You can allow friends to view an entire album too, rather than having to download each pic.

8. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I got the pics on the first post. What you guys think? We just got it Simonized today . In two weeks it gets a brush guard wrap around front end with Extra Halogen lights. Its a beast with ALL KINDS OF POWER. KF

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Too shiny. Sand blast it to a dull finish so it doesn't reflect light at night.

10. Seawolf1090

I like it! [beer]

11. beast

beast backwoodsman

camouflage it, youre in MI, paint it like a cow :p

12. jungatheart

jungatheart Beginner's Mind

Nice looking rig. I have a Toyota and they just keep on a goin'.

13. terracer

terracer Monkey+

survival vehicle

I had a horse farm trade in a few Polaris 6x6's. so I bought one for survival purposes. The previous owner had mounted a cab and heater setup but I didn't want the confinement of doors - so I chunked them. He had also mounted a Warn winch with remote control. The top had holes around the edges which made perfect mounting points for the lights. A trip to Wal-Mart netted me a quick tiger stripe paint job and over on the clearance aisle they had some cheap driving lights. An old set of fog lights from a mazda made for good light overlooking the dump bed in the back.
    You see the hose coming from beneath the front of the tilt-bed? I mounted that so i could collect rainwater if needed and empty it into my Berkee or where ever i need it.
    I mounted an additional battery under the bed and have a cheap ($30 at Sams) 1200 watt inverter that i plan on mounting somewhere on the thing..
    The thing i like about the Polaris UV's is the all wheel drive is really ALL WHEEL DRIVE.. when it senses slippage, it locks in 100%. I need some new tires to take advantage of the six wheels worth of traction!

Great site -

Terracer
    UV1. uv2. uv3.

E.L. and BTPost like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

15. LogOut

LogOut Monkey+

Real trucks got dents.

Seriously tho... nice BOV there Kingfish ! [gone]

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Nice ride Kingfish....but no pictures of the Dodge...
    Like before and after photos.???

ccc...

17. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Here is her old Dodge, if you look close you can see the holes in the rockers and the flat area on the fenders. Trying to slow down the rust with rustoleum black paint. Lol, it aint workin. Still though its a good truck with only 88k miles on it. It runs good and most of the stuff still works on it. Air Conditioning is dead,stereo is on its last legs and all the door locks are seizing up , Rust is biggest problem. About 2500 to rebuild it. Original Transmission, and muffler system. All that stuff is coming due. It was time to move it on. KF
    dodge1.JPG dodge5.JPG

18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Heck...I'd sell it as is...Got to be worth a few bucks...

19. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Its going to A guy tomorrow for 4500.00 He is going to just use it for pulling his boat. I had it on craig's list. Lots of interest. Sold the boat today and the truck tomorrow . 8 grand in two days. KF

20. beast

beast backwoodsman

rust has never stopped a truck from working
    i buy mine for between free and $500, cash
    ugly worn out looking trucks nobody wants
    give em a lick and a promise, do maintenance on them
    and usually run em up over 500,000 miles before i scrap em
    a Ferrari is pretty, so is a caddy, but aint either one
    worth a **** in the woods....lol
    and that goes double for a pretty truck

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7