The house was completed in January for just under $1 million.

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by HK_User, Mar 19, 2018.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Off the Grid, on Maui
    Now for you die hard career OFF GRIDERS

I really thought about putting this in the Infreno section.

At 1 M I do not see this as an efficient use of resources. But we all know how efficent the Tree Hugger clan really is. After all the expense and using a rough data base to interpolate the cost v use I figure this should be in the comics section.
    But just a dream for most of us as a way to leave your off spring penniless but apparently rich by the views of all the other Mauiiets that live on the NE Coast of Maui.
    Haiku Maui Map and Haiku Town Information
    Haiku Real Estate - Haiku HI Homes For Sale | Zillow
    East Maui

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Motomom34, Seepalaces and Tully Mars like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I'm not impressed .
    I'm not a genius ,but I am sure I could do much (100 times) better with a million bucks .

oldawg, Seepalaces and HK_User like this.
  3. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

More power to him!:D
    A fool and his money are soon partying or is it parted? Either way that is an uglyassed house.

Motomom34, HK_User and Seepalaces like this.
  4. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

I'm curious as to how the solar panels will do over time on a metal roof. Will the roof reflection make a difference? Nearly half of the things these guys listed were just pricey decorations.

HK_User and Tully Mars like this.
  5. HK_User

Just a big expensive advertisement for the company he built from the company he sold. Call it a TAX Write OFF.

After all he lives in Paradise and just wants to impress the folks there.

Solar? About all he needs is 10 Solar Yard Lights. The side he lives on (of the Island) is the windward and all he needs is Louvered Windows/Jalousie for cooling.
    Jalousie window - Wikipedia

Ganado, Tully Mars and Seepalaces like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If I understand the question, then no. The roof is under the panels, is it not?

Seepalaces likes this.
  7. HK_User

Tully Mars likes this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I honestly don't care too much about how it looks, I am more concerned with the fact that somebody would consider surviving on a heavily populated volcanic island chain in the first place. I do realize we have some fantastic people here at the Monkey who just happen to live there, but I mean if you've got a million to toss around, why not choose a less precarious location?

I can understand why I would do such a thing, but...not somebody else.

Ganado likes this.
  9. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Before I installed a 12.6KV system on a asphalt shingle roof , the owner needs to understand that the panels will last 30-50 years while the asphalt shingle's of 2010 type are thin and may last 15 years max . So the solar panels will need removing a few times OR install a metal heavy gauge roof and the roof will out last the panels .
    HTH's IMG_5049.JPG
    Sloth

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7