The INCREDIBLE SEAWEED (Useful Info)

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by wildernessgal, Nov 4, 2007.

1. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

Ok, so I no longer live by the sea, like I use to for a good many years... But if I had to pick one of the things I missed , I'd pick the most wonderful/versatile/healthful SEAWEED! Since I was a wee lil' gal, my mother use to regularly prepare it in our meals. It's not only very tasty , but also very very NUTRITIOUS! Even today I still buy a HUGE box of it handpicked/raw/dried from the sea for my immediate family to eat/reap it's medicinal value benefits and etc. INCREDIBLE STUFF!!!!

Here are some links with some basic seaweed info:

http://www.seaweed.ie/default.lasso

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seaweed

Last night I didn't know what the heck to make for dinner, so last minute I whacked a chicken, and gathered up all of the ingredients from our garden (onions,dehydrated sweet peppers, tomatoes & etc) also dug up lots of garlic and put together a "Seaweed Chicken Vegetable LASAGNA EXTRAVAGANSA" which kicked some serious tasteBUDS!!! lol Super delish!!!!

Onto the more "SERIOUS" stuff

Did ya know that it's very beneficial in more ways than one? Here's some cool info to know (below):

-----------------------------------------

Seaweed as Protection from Radioactitvity

Kelp contains Iodine 127. Iodine 127 will prevent the body from absorbing radioactive iodine 131 which is constantly being released into our atmosphere by so-called normal operations of nuclear power plants and weapons facilities. Homeland security is a joke unless you have true security of good nutrition that includes Iodine 127 in your daily diet. This is specific protection for the thyroid gland, and you need to be aware that most nuclear pathologies in a disaster like Chernobyl are related to the intake of radioactive Iodine 131 into the thyroid gland. Rather than wait for the government to dispense potassium iodide to the population after a disaster occurs, eat kelp as part of your daily diet.
    We also do this work because Dr. Tatsuichiro Akizuki, M.D. and the staff of his hospital, survived the nuclear bombing of Nagasaki on August 9th, 1945. The hospital was built of bricks, it was located about a mile from the epicenter of the explosion, Dr. Akizuki and his staff had been eating a diet that included brown rice and miso soup and seaweeds. Sugar was excluded. After the bombing, rice balls, seaweeds, salt, miso and other good-quality strengthening foods were fed to all the patients and staff.
    Kelp contains sodium alginate which is capable of binding with ingested particles of toxic strontium 90, cesium 137, and various heavy metals in the digestive tract, thus aiding the body in excreting radioactive fallout. After Chernobyl, the Russians isolated the polysaccharide U-Fucoidan in kelp, an excellent absorber of radioactive elements.

(The above info. was taken from the following site: http://www.alcasoft.com/seaweed/pages/radioactivity.html )
    ------------------------------------------

If you do not live near the sea and want to reap the benefits of seaweed you can buy a big box full from Larch @ Maine Seaweed Company. He's a great guy and has a very high quality natural product which he harvests/sells from the sea. We get a kick out of finding those wee-bitty sea snails in it sometimes... can't get more NATURAL than that!ha,ha Like I said before, his stuff is in a raw state and hasn't been altered in any way like the nasty stuff available at the stores which have been (we will not buy because of that reason). For those of you who are near the sea and aren't making use of it, maybe you should give it a go.... as it's FREE and all around you! :)

Btw, SEAWEED also has LOTS of Medicinal Value...

Here's a LINKY to it's many uses below:

http://www.ryandrum.com/seaweeds.htm

Just thought I'd share for those "Survivalist Types" who aren't so squeamish/fussy and want to learn more.

Other than that have a most beautiful day everyone, and don't forget about the wonderful most healthful SEAWEED!

~Wildernessgal~

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7