The Perfect Bug Out Bag

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by E.L., Jan 18, 2010.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

FWIW, I haven't bothered with a sharpening stone in the field in a LONG time. You can almost always find a rock that is flat enough to get an edge back if you lose it. (Learned that from an old Indian in Wyoming.)

2. Sherman

Sherman Dog Eat Dog

A radio so you know whats gong on and a GMRS/FRS walkie talkie, might need it to contact friendlies or to monitor OpFor. Oh and a LED headlight. Gun oil and cleaning kit like Otis

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I have a LED headlight in my bag, made by River Rock.

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Having been a father 8 times over....I found that I always kept some q-tips (for the small cotton balls) and Clove Oil for toothaches! Not a long term remedy, but it will get you through a night or two!
    Also, a container with non-sudsy ammonia...
    Works on a lot of insect stings and bites very quickly....Neutralizing the venom.
    I also carry white vinegar for various reasons, but works great in case of a bad sunburn...stinks terribly, but works wonders!
    I also carry tea bags for use in case of dental problems, and use for sunburn lotion as well. (Tans yer hide clyde!) Tannic acid/Tannin helps to stop the burning and induces the tanning of the skin.
    Ahhh..... the things parents have to learn!
    Hydrogen Peroxide, one of the best antiseptics there is...you can pour it on, spray it on, and clean surfaces with it! Great disinfectant....
    In my BOB's, I also have placed a couple of different types of playing cards and dice for the kid's if they need to be distracted....A few pieces of hard candy, and some chocolate also helps with being a bit more "comfortable" in stressful times.

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Good stuff, thanks Dragonfly.

6. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

gerber makes a machette with a saw in it .... they also make a small axe with a removable saw in the handle!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7