The Sun Ray

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Thunder5Ranch, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I pick these up whenever I see them. Usually $25-$50 takes one home. I fix them up and sell them for $150-$200. Usually nothing wrong with them when I get them other some spiders and webs in the gas lines. Just about the best off grid ranges I have ever used, short of my wood burners. They used to be real common in RVs particularly old air streams.... Pretty much a even split in where I sell them between off grid cabins and people restoring old air streams.

This is a particularly nasty one......... LOL my personal one. When I got sick I moved it down to the barn and in the process spilled 3 gallons of burnt cooking oil all over it. That was 2016 when the body went septic and 105-110 degree fevers were the norm :( So I said screw it I will clean the mess up when I get better................. 3 years later LOL I pulled it out of the barn yesterday and was not looking forward to removing 3 year old jellied cooking oil from just about every inch of the old range.

2 days later and 99% of the grease it gone. Still need to get into some of nooks and crannies but overall it is looking real good and more important, after cleaning all the jellied grease out of the burner holes all four burners fired right up and the oven heated right up to a balmy 500 degrees. I have a better one I use in the Cabin and am going to mount this one on a platform with casters and use it in the Chuck Wagon this year.

I have 3 more I have not even started working on down in the barn. I had intended to fix them over winter but just could not find the motivation on the days I was feeling decent. No excuses now LOL since I am feeling pretty good 6 out of 7 days now.

DSC00498.JPG

DSC00499.JPG

DSC00500.JPG

2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Well , the best thing about your cleaning and fixing these things now , is , your feeling healthy enough to do it. (y)

3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Amazing how one health problem can explode into multiple health problems. Looks like I am at the tail end of it FINALLY. Just glad that the initial diagnosis of the Ulcer as Duodenal Cancer was wrong. Hey it looked like cancer, acted like cancer and was without question killing me. 3 months of puking every 1 hour and 15 minutes like clockwork got real old real fast. On the bright side over that 3 months I lost 130 pounds :) Still going to need a surgery to close up the part that just is not healing back together and the Sphincter between stomach and small intestine is encased in scar tissue and not opening and closing. It is stuck half open and half closed.......... which is a whole lot better than sealed up tighter than a frogs butthole and the only route for anything in the stomach to escape was up. Worst part was when you go 3 months without eating, you also go 3 months without pooping. So when things do start working again the whole digestive system has to relearn how to work and rebuild the bacteria that help with that. Anyway Doctor has taken a wait and see approach on the sphincter and hoped it would break up the scar tissue and start working again on its own. It hasn't :( and while I can eat now 30 minutes after eating I feel sick and it takes like 12 hours for things to go from stomach to intestine. Soooo the next step is a surgeon and yet another scope down the throat to insert a balloon in the sphincter and blow it up and rip the scar tissue up. And allow the sphincter to start opening and closing again. Not complaining much because it could be a whole lot worse........ Sepsis (Septic Shock) is not pleasant, high mortality and damages so many parts of the body all at once. For me Kindneys, Liver, Lungs, digestive tract and some brain damage. Thankfully the brain damage seems to have only fried my hot and cold receptors. Like on a 100 degree day I feel cold and on a 20 degree day my brain thinks I am hot and I break out in pouring sweat. LOL Danger there is I can't feel when I am getting too hot or cold. Others argue the brain damage was more extensive but those who have known me a while, know I have always been this way :)

Ganado likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7