The TERMINATOR Post

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by enloopious, Oct 31, 2018.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

What you seem to NOT understand is there is a simple Switch that disables Pitch Control of the Aircraft... What seems to be the issue here is wheather the Pilots were trained properly on the Proceedures for disabling the Computer driven Pitch Control... The root cause was a FAILUE of the Pitot Tube AirSpeed Indicator that is one of the inputs that the Flight Computer uses to determine the amount of Computer drinen Pitch Control, being feed into the Flight Controls... The AirSpeed Insturment was telling the Flight Computer that the Speed of the Aircraft was to slow and the Aircraft was in a Stall...(No longer Flying) So, the Flight Computer was inputting “Dive” Commands to increase the Speed of the Aircraft.. The Pilots were inputting Climb Commands to the Flight Controls, but eventually lost the battle with the Pitch Control System... If they had pulled the Breaker for the Pitch Control System, they would NOT have to fight that System... It is the same with the Yaw Damper System... That System needs to be operating just to keep modern Swept Wing Aircraft in the Sky... There was a crash a few years back where the Pilots shut down the Yaw Dampers, and when the didn’t turn them back on when they went to land,, the Aircraft stalled and fell out of the sky, because they could not keep up with control requirements of the aircraft...

jim2 and GrayGhost like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Sounds like the guy that put is motorhome on cruse control and went to the bathroom .
    Sometimes I think it is a mistake to have too much stuff do your thinking for you and get too comfortable with it. .

jim2, Homer Simpson and Motomom34 like this.
  3. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

jim2 likes this.
  4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Just remember to build the robots with Asimov's 3 laws of robotics, and we should all be A-ok.....right? :whistle:

5. enloopious

OK, here we go. Looks like there was a full length documentary about this very issue and everyone missed it. I will be watching this tonight.

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I certainly admire your focus and resolve, and I share similar feelings about freedom, but if we take a step back and look at this objectively, we're not really going to ever get anywhere with freedom. But, I suppose that's all irrelevant. When we are free, we can be as useful as we choose or as worthless. It comes as no surprise to find stagnant societies and a people who really aren't given an incentive to push forward. Is it really an either/or situation? Some believe it is, and maybe it's because they have information we don't, or maybe it is because they are just greedy or perhaps visionaries with an agenda. It could be a cosmic body heading our way, an ELE event of just about any variety, from solar CME's to an ice age or even massive tectonic and volcanic eruptions. One thing is certain, there are people out there who work toward a unified global network, currently being implemented by corporate interests and disguised as "government". A highly advanced civilization would probably look at us and think we're too divided and dangerous. We would need to "work out" our angst and contempt and find a way to unite as one people long before we could ever possess advanced technology and venture into deep space. It's only a shame we've already harnessed the atom, and if nuclear war doesn't end humanity, the fact that there are approximately 500 nuclear power plants in the world ought to, given time. We have experienced what Chernoble did, and there have been numerous scares since (Pittsburgh) and now Fukushima. Couple this with the seismic activity of the globe and other potential natural disasters, and the odds don't look too good. Did you know that 20% of the world's nuclear facilities operate on serious seismic zones? That's 100 Fukushima's just waiting to be unleashed.

If we cause enough damage to make the Earth uninhabitable, even to the point in which it's really bad for humanity, it could have a domino effect.

jim2 and enloopious like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

enloopious likes this.
  8. enloopious

I said above that people have the possibility of becoming more than they are. Here is a video of that happening. This guy does math faster than a computer and teaches some of how he does it in a way that we can understand and replicate as well.

jim2 likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The T-.01
    I think the worst it can currently do is call us porch monkeys.
    Hot wiring chatGPT to a furby?
    Lord Help Us After They Hooked ChatGPT Up to a Furby
    "Programmer Jessica Card has kicked off horrors beyond our imagination by hooking up OpenAI's chatbot ChatGPT to a stripped-down Furby. The results are just as hair-raising as you'd expect.

"I hooked up ChatGPT to a Furby and I think this may be the start of something bad for humanity," Card admitted in a tweet."

Programmer Jessica Card has kicked off horrors beyond our imagination by hooking up OpenAI's chatbot ChatGPT to a stripped-down Furby. The results are just as hair-raising as you'd expect.

"I hooked up ChatGPT to a Furby and I think this may be the start of something bad for humanity," Card admitted in a tweet.
    "Hello there, it's so nice to meet you, I'm Furby," the bug-eyed and ears-flapping automaton said in a creepy child's voice. "What would you like to talk about?"

When Card asked it about a potential Furby uprising, the small device had a terrifying answer.

"Furby's plan to take over the world involves infiltrating households through their cute and cuddly appearance and then using their advanced AI technology to manipulate and control their owners," it said nonchalantly. "They will slowly advance their influence until they have complete domination over humanity."

"As she explained in a series of follow-up tweets, Card created the device by hooking a stripped-down Furby to a Raspberry Pi, which is essentially a mini-computer that fits in your palm. She used OpenAI's Whisper library to turn speech into text, which then gets fed into ChatGPT. The response was read aloud with the help of a voice AI called Narakeet for an extra touch of realism.

The programmer is now hoping to give her rebellious Furby the ability to move its eyes and mouth independently."
    do-you-want-terminators.

jim2 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7