The Top 4 Reasons Why You’re Not Going to Survive Bugging Out to the Woods

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Mar 21, 2017.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I am one of those living near the pacific ,which means fault lines at every where .
    Seeing the events that have occurred I the last few decades planet wide, it's prudent to anticipate their occurrences closer to home .
    Though I am at about 1400 feet elevation, and 40 or so miles from the sea, any tsunami ,due to a local earth quake that may occur might be stopped by mountains between us, but a tsunami most do not realize is, the flood of people running to escape their lost homes to find some where else to live and lost jobs on top of that .
    If/when there is a economic collapse people will be making assumptions about where the safest place to survive will be , and last minuet plans don't go well when there are thousands making the same decision at once. panicking People foolishly fallow what other people are doing ,like democrats lemmings ect.
    Chances are , that if you know of some place you normally run off to in the woods, there is any kind of road/ path to, others know about it as well . Gong there might invade some one else's turf, or vise versa , some one else may try to invade yours. That and people might just be fallowing you.

Long before the white man "Spaniards" the Indians here fought wars against one another over hunting grounds .
    For a short time weather improved , food was grown in abundance , and they got along.
    While things flourished their populations grew and even developed a trading system and commerce, but once the drought came back, starving Indians went back to fighting over lands and food resources.
    We now have millions more people and the same amount of land but the resources are not all here, many are shipped in.
    Inadvertently or deliberately over populating a land with more than it can sustain on it's own creates a problem , implosion . Democrats are churning this up.
    Abusing the welcome will hurt every one on board.
    I don't remember who said I but it's true , "a man needs to know his limitations."
    A group needs to know their limitations, and for better or worse maintain the standard ,or the whole are in jeopardy.
    Not only do all the skills possible become necessary , there needs to be those younger learning these skills ,every thing from bow drill to medicine, from servitude to leadership .
    If we are going to do better than our ancestors, we need to be more disciplined.

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. Unique

Unique Monkey

I remember watching the Walo Canyon fire crest Queen's Canyon and start burning down Mountain Shadows. That put any thought I ever had of bugging out to the mountains to rest forever.

duane likes this.
  3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Medicineman really says what I have been saying for the last 5 years. I am part of a group of like minded people. We would rather defend than immigrate. we grow we harvest, we raise and butcher and we hunt and fish. AND we store long term preps. W e are well armed and trained and have a plan. Not going to bug out. Already did. My chances are better here than out somewhere in a strange hostile area at the mercy of others.

1. Tully Mars
  2. Motomom34
  3. GOG
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. DarkLight
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Imasham
  9. ED GEiN
  10. yeti695
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Yard Dart