The Unwelcomed Visitor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jul 10, 2013.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Late this afternoon. Tore up a lot of trees but I don't think there were any injuries. Second one this week. Holding on to our hats as we go through this crazy summer weather.

2013 07-10 Funnel Cloud.

2. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

I didn't think that you had a lot of those in that part of the country.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We get a couple every year but they aren't usually as devastating as the one in middle America. The last really bad one tore up the Airport and cut a 2 mile side path through the northern part of the state.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Yeah, pretty frequent these past few years up here in the NE. Crazy weather.

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Better not say that to loud or you will have Gor and Obummer make a visit to tout global warming crap again to get the carbon tax stuff back in the media....o_O

tulianr likes this.
  6. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Glad you're safe RH. And I can't help thinking funny things about the directional traffic signs in the picture...

7. RightHand

Our shop is about a mile down Rt 31, right in the path but it veered into the woods. Our building is one of those steel Butler buildings and I don't think it would withstand forces like that.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The building might not make it, but it would have to ONE HECK of a Nado to pickup one of those CNC Machines, and move it around some......

9. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

So hot yesterday I had to add ICE to the white Latex paint I was using on a new water tank. And I was in the shade!!

10. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Please stay safe RightHand!

11. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Glad it didn't hit the shop!

kellory likes this.
  12. RightHand

Thanks friends. Didn't hit the house either! All trees that were towering when I left in the morning were still towering when I got home this morning. Tornadoes are one of nature's events that scare me. Almost every other one we encounter in the Northeast is predictable but a tornado is so sudden, random, and fierce that one cannot really prepare.

13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Glad nature passed you by. Every once in a while, she grabs you by the ears and says "can you hear me now?";)

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7