The year of propane and propane accessories

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by oil pan 4, Sep 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Speaking of sketchy tanks I took a very old tank that had "R-11" painted on it and turned it into a propane tank.

It has a working pressure of 250psi, the same as a typical propane tank. So I put a 5lb tank opd valve on it and the cool Mexican dude at the propane place filled it.
    It holds about 1.5 gallons and is perfect for a torch tank.

Further more the subject of filling 20lb tanks. Swapping them out is convenient but it looks like they don't fill them all the way. Best bet is taking them to get filled. It might cost a little more but you get more. In my case the propane exchange svs costs $15 for "15lb" compared to have it filled at the propane place. For me one of the local propane fillers has a Saturday special where they will fill 20lb tanks for $13.

The prepper thing to do with propane is get as many lb or gal as possible in as few containers as possible for as little $ as possible and use it in as many devices as possible, space heating, cooking, lighting, ect.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Here I fill one 100# tank from Costco for 52.00 CDN ,for a full tank of 81#tare & after fill 182# of weight .
    Thats when the Transfer happens to any tank I want !

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Got 5 or 6 more 20lb exchange cylinders (which are really only filled to 15lb) this week.
    Some of them were from the scrap yard and did not have a valve, saves me $15. Stoopid walmart lol.

natshare, Gator 45/70 and oldman11 like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Obamas install a 25,000 gallon commercial propane tank at his beach front super mansion. For the low low price of $75,000.
    Are the Obamas prepping for the Apocalypse?
    Wtf on so many levels.
    A ginormous titanium dioxide white propane tank that's like 30 feet tall, not really the greatest prep of all time.
    Not how I would spend 75 grand.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

.. .. Whiskey Tango Hotel ?? .. ..

.. .. dunno if dis is true .. .. [dunno] [dunno] .. ..

.. .. dat is potentially a weapon uv mass destruction .. ..

.. .. dey aint got no redundancy?? .. ..

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

It's a 2,500 gal tank-read the article..

7. sec_monkey

.. .. da excerpt said 25,000 [ 25k ] .. .. foosed foosed .. ..

2,500 gal is yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

25,000 gal is Pres Trump yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

.. .. how did 2,500 gal become 25,000 gal?? .. .. Whiskey Tango Hotel?? .. ..

.. .. only un uv dem tanks?? .. .. ya need redundancy .. ..

Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

When climate change and global warming hits O'Bozo's beach house they intend to ride this huge propane tank to Mt Ararat ?

Tully Mars and CraftyMofo like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I'm pretty damn sure it said 25,000 earlier. Plus who would spend $75,000 on one 2,500gal when you could buy, bury and fill 500 gallon tank for around $3,000 to $4,000 each. The special Martha's vineyard price can't be over $5,000.
    That's like saying I'm putting in a 12kw standby generator for $35,000, no part of that makes any sense.
    Maybe he no bidded the contract out to a Ukrainian energy company.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  10. sec_monkey

.. .. gud question .. ..

.. .. everythin @ Marthas vineyard is .. .. 2 .. .. 5 .. .. 10 x more spensive .. ..

.. .. plus we gots yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge flation goin on .. ..

[dunno]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2022
    Tully Mars and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Seems related

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Looks like the obamas are installing 3 above ground one thousand gallon tanks when filled comes out to about 2,500 gallons. Still 1,000 gallon tanks installed above ground only cost around $3,000 each.
    No explanation as to why the Obamas are paying $75,000 for them.
    Plus a Google search says that their house is about 7,000 square feet.
    That's not even 1 winters worth of propane. Not even a half winter.
    Tens of thousands of gallons one would kind of make sense. Guess we'll wait for the satellite photos to come out.

Then you may be wondering how does someone that was a 2 term senator and 2 term president afford an 11 million dollars house?
    Shutup you racist.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Knowing Barry, he took a page from the Clinton's book, and built a guest house on his property, then rents it out to the Secret Service, for them to stay in. Good way to pay for the mortgage payment on the big house, since the government is dumb enough to pay whatever he wants to charge!

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Oh man propane is up about 60 cents a gallon over last time I filled tanks. Which I believe was this past late summer.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Y'all need to get serious and go the 250–500-gal propane tank route. I had my 250-gal tank topped off this fall and now I don't have to worry about power outages...ever!

CraftyMofo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's about to be propane buying season again.

Gator 45/70 and CraftyMofo like this.
  17. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Could Barry be in on any of the Hunter/ Bidumb bribery deals. Its hard to believe Obumer had no idea what was going on with his Vic Pres. and he sure left the office fat with cash

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

ODumbo, was selling his wife, for cash… and it wasn’t her “Rotten Crotch” for sale… It was her influence over him… and all those Paying Speaking Engagements since… I am waiting for the first Billion Dollar Book Deal Advance to hit the NEWS…

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Satellite photos from a week ago still don't show any tanks. But they have let the trees grow up around the property. Maybe check again this fall.

1. Hillbilly549
  2. Kavode
  3. T. Riley
  4. Southbound
  5. oil pan 4
  6. Tempstar
  7. Motomom34
  8. Tyler Danann
  9. Gator 45/70
  10. hank2222
  11. vegasrandall
  12. Blackjack