There be sun out there

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by sarawolf, Jun 3, 2011.

1. sarawolf

sarawolf Monkey+++

After days of pouring down rain we have a partly cloudy day :). Today we are supposed to be in the mid 50's at least.
    Then summer will hit Saturday with 70 degrees they say.

Yesterday Thursday we couldn't do anything outside, it just poured solid all day, it started out at 38 and dropped from there and stayed at 34 degrees all the rest of the day.
    Over last weekend and through the bouts of rain off and on we managed to get the summer kitchen roof on, the raised herb beds, and raised strawberry beds made.
    Dave cleaned the barn while I babysat little Miss Kaylee.

I did get some oatmeal soap made but still need to make a couple more batches of other types for July Pioneer Day.

The car had a broken windshield so that had to be replaced, there went $100.00 for the deductible.

He couldn't get the rototiller fixed so he had to take it in and of course the place that has done tillers for decades no longer does them so we had to find a different place to take it.

They called needs a new motor, what the heck we only bought it in 1981, you would think it would last longer then 30 years lol.
    We found a place up in Orofino Idaho that sold the tines 4 years ago (ours were worn way down) and Dave replaced those and everything else was in pretty good shape.
    So its a skimp month for some things, that motor is going to cost around $260.00 to replace.

We try to do as much as we can ourselves. But that doesn't always work for everything.
    Dave.

Dave wanted brownies last night after we did chores so I made brownies. I also made 2 batches for him to take up to Spokane with him today.

Brownies
    1/2 cup butter or margarine
    1-cup sugar
    2 teaspoon vanilla
    3 eggs
    6 tablespoons cocoa
    1 cup flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    Pour into 9x13 greased pan.

Bake 25 to 35 min 350 degrees.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7