Thinking of Writing a Guide Just on Step by Step Time Milestones of TEOTWAWKI Has this Been Done?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Feb 24, 2020.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

I'm thinking of writing a Guide solely on Step by Step Time Milestones of TEOTWAWKI. Has this already been done in this format? If so by who.?

For example: Day 1 Pandemic Starts, Day 90 no water, Day 120 No Electricity, etc

Seepalaces likes this.
  2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Sounds like a nice project to invest some of your own time in researching.

The time line depends on many variables depending on the cause of the TEOTWAWKI, event, and whether it is global, continental, national, regional or more localised. It will also depend on the resilence of the resource and infrastructure systems affected by the event....how long can a piece of elastic stretch before it snaps in two or more pieces?...variables, variables, variables.

One thing is for sure the graduated devolution of societal systems and resources is unlikely to be uniform, therefore the availability of essential services are unlikely to cease functioning all at the same time, excepting in the case of an EMP or MCE perhaps. :unsure:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    Seepalaces, ED GEiN and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

It does sound like something to keep eddie out of trouble and off the streets with. Emphasis on "your own" time.
    It also sounds like just another apocryphal novella, everything will depend on the author's own ideas of how it will go down.

4. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

it would take a PAW lit type pandemic to lead to anywhere near a TEOTWAWKI scenario >> 80% kill off - and that's not likely ....

5. chelloveck

For some, a TEOTWAWKI event is not being able to get a chilled bottle of drinkable chardonay on demand....but even then, there will be drone delivery service available....for a price. :rolleyes:

6. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

I'm thinking of keeping it more general to give people an idea of what to expect and the time frame involved as opposed to various causes like a nuke attack, pandemic, etc as there are general universal things that would happen no matter what the cause.
    I'm a pretty good writer as well as someone who knows how to commercially market and sell things so if anyone is interested in contributing for a share of any proceeds and knows this stuff, please privately message me. I'd welcome you Chelloveck. Just keep in mind this guidebook would be written for the General Public to give them a Foundation of what to expect not minutiae. Kind of like a guide book on baseball saying there are 3 outs to a side, 9 innings played, 4 balls, three strikes, but no particulars like a batter can advance if he swings and misses for a third strike and the ball goes by the catcher.

Seepalaces likes this.
  7. JediWoodsman

JediWoodsman Insomnia Monkey

This is why I have multiple cases of my favorite Zinfandel in with my preps!!

J-Woodsman

Seepalaces, Lancer, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'll give you the starting off point free of charge .. copyright free as well.

Bernie Sanders was elected president by 33 thousand votes during the largest election turn out in history. …...

Take it from there.

Seepalaces, Yard Dart and chelloveck like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Second line in this story..... “ On his Inauguration Day, the Second Civil War commenced in South Carolina.”

10. chelloveck

You forgot to mention that AOC was Bernie's VP running partner. :eek: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seepalaces, Yard Dart and VisuTrac like this.
  11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Both coasts were on fire after the food ran out. Middle America was glad the ammunition factories had moved to the red states over the past few years. The young 'ens kept the magazines loaded and coming, as the refugees came in search of supplies on the other side of the Rockies and Appalachians.

Good luck on that one. No plan survives first contact with the enemy intact.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2020
  12. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Make sure to include Mr Murphy!

Seepalaces, oldawg and SB21 like this.
  13. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Rather than predicting/guessing what will happen on what day of a time line, which is certain to be wrong, maybe restructure it as a prediction to the sequence of events that may happen, just not sure when. Then maybe discuss what that means, the implications and risks, etc. You might also consider exploring things to prepare or mitigate the issues. So sequence might be something like:
    Pandemic starts
    Panic starts
    Run on stores
    Resupply fails
    Infrastructure starts failing
    No water
    No electricity
    No cell phone
    Sequence of rule of law breakdown
    Etc.

You could research how things transpired in many other events such as Katrina, Kosovo, Fukushima, etc to get a calibration to the likely sequence of events.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    chelloveck and ED GEiN like this.
  14. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

And was quickly taken up as well in North Carolina ,, and little towns all around this land ,,,,

Lancer likes this.
  15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

" After a long hard fought war the South won and everyone lived happily ever after. THE END."

SB21 and Oddcaliber like this.
  16. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Pretty Good but the point of the guide is give people a logical time frame in advance of how things likely will go down of which nothing is a certainty but will give you a foundation to make decisions instead of doing things on the fly knowing what to expect eventually

17. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I get it. I was just suggesting you focus on the “how things likely will go down” as opposed to “giv[ing] people a logical time frame” because that is like trying to provide a day by day weather forcast for next year. “Knowing what to expect” is the critical aspect to “a foundation to make decisions,” not so much as for when it will happen.

I know it will be cold next winter and I better have wood cut and seasoned. It matters not if the cold hits in October vs December. If utility supplied water will cease, it matters not if that is day 37 or day 73. What matters is I know when the electricity has gone down, the water will likely soon stop as the backup generators at the treatment plant run out of fuel so be ready for that. What matters is I know that eventually (weeks or months or maybe a year or more) the medical system will become overwhelmed and I probably don’t want to go near it and I better be ready to be my own doctor.

Have fun with your project, it will be worthy, if for no other reason than it causes you to think again in detail your own preps and you might share what you learn with the rest of us.

AT

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    ED GEiN, oldawg, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  18. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

There has been some good research on the coronavirus it's current beginnings and how it is playing out.
    I'd strongly consider that.

ED GEiN, oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

One thing you left out which really scares me is the US Nuking/killing everyone off in an area where the problem is spreading!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Nope, YOU left it out. It's YOUR story, save the criticisms for after YOU write it.

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7