This is what is coming when the SHTF...

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Clyde, Feb 5, 2008.

1. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

Got to hope most of these bozo's will kill each other off fighting for the last scraps of food in the city. Many will die of disease and lack of meds. As the food runs out then they will move outwards looking. (time to form community militias and fortify) We'll all pretty much have to face refugees at some point. Hopefully not with disease or trying to steal. But in a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI situ. I'm for shoot first ask questions later.

Disease will be a major problem. In the north atleast the winters will quell it for the time being but as the temp rises the bodies will rot and yikes. Us in the south will face it most of the year.

Most of these guys remind me of the liveleak shots of ragheads unloading 30 rds unaimed, waste of ammo and easy pickens for the skilled shooter. I wonder how many of them have ever been to a range.

2. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

It isn't the skill (or lack thereof) that bothers me, it is their numbers and complete lack of humanity. I will definitely flip the switch in my brain to "kill" when the SHTF.

3. badkarma

badkarma ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

by the time they realize no one is coming to help them, and they've looted the Best Buy...most of the food will be gone or spoiled. their numbers will be about 1/5 of what they were on day one. those 20% will be scared, hungry, sick and tired....shouldn't be much of a mop-up.

4. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Reminds me of abumpersticker that you can see proven every day, 'Never under estimate the power of idiots in large numbers' and it goes double if they are well armed. IF they are stupid enouph to announce their approach and intentions form a mile down the road then they wouldnt stand much chance against a well positioned rifleman with some skill and ammo even if there were a load of them. Unfortunatly they would be far more likely to sneak up quietly to the house and kick in the door and enter just like they have learned from the SWAT teams doing it in their neighborhoods with half a dozen of them chargeing in with guns ready and shoot what moves, in that case they are likely to hit you across the romm with some of those rounds and your odds of getting all of them before one of them gets you would be slim. Lets face it, they are already practiceing these technices now, so they will be ahead of the learning curve for that aspect.

5. martin97

martin97 Fuel busted Trucker. Founding Member

The best thing Oregon ever did was put a STOP to this... all gun show sales get background checked.. and what we saw in this video was in no small part why.

6. martin97

+1
    Its part of a mentality in some groups of young people.. I see it right here in Oregon in a town of 750.. and yes, these are white kids.
    What causes it?.. desperation? a sense of hopelessness?.. thats what I have gathered.. most wont talk to us older folks (I'm 38) they just stare at you with hatred/malice in their eyes.

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I understand your point, but I think it sets a dangerous precedent.

8. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

NO BACKGROUND CHECKS PERIOD. That is complete and total bullshit because if screws me in the longrun.

Buy your guns locally, fact-to-face if allowed in your state. That is the best way to acquire your weapons.

9. Clyde

Hi Admin

10. Clyde

get back to work

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

What he said. Get thru the PMs and e-mails, will ya? [beat] [ROFL]
    Then you can fix the Folsum item --[rofllmao]

[chopper]

12. martin97

FTF is fine, but you better be sure you know the person buying.. if you unwittingly sell a gun to a felon, or one that gets used in a crime you might find yourself standing in front of a judge.. you may walk away from any charges but what will the lawyer your gonna need tap you for?.. Or... you buy a stolen gun, then later get stopped by five-O and get to explain how you came to be in possession of said stolen weapon.. went through this one night for three hours over a stupid shotgun.. is the risk really worth it?...
    America is not the country it used to be. and when you see the groups of people, who don't speak English and have forged green cards, lining up at the AK and AR gunshow tables you have to know what I mean.. Oregon's background check law has completely stopped this type of scene.. they know they are not going to make an easy purchase here and have stopped attending. In Washington private sales are still allowed at shows, go there and observe who's lining up at the AR AK tables.. it's not just us gun lovers anymore, make room for the gangsta's.
    We all hate seeing our freedoms infringed, but more then that I hate seeing innocent people killed because a gun was as easy to get as a soda.. and in the long run those innocent killings will do far more to restrict our gun right then any simple background check. Here in Oregon a background check takes about 5 minutes, I don't see that as very obtrusive.
    This is the world we live in today..

13. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

My beliefs go the exact opposite direction. I believe that if guns actually were as easy to get and as common to see as soda then we would have fewer innocents killed.

14. E.L.

I believe it was a famous bald guy with glasses who liked flying kites in storms that said something along the lines of "Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety, deserve neither."

15. martin97

I totally agree with that statement, but Ben didn't live in the U.S.A that we live in today.

http://www.nagia.org/Gang%20Articles/Other%20Hispanic%20Gangs.htm

Do you think he would have supported simply handing guns out to 15+++++ million illegal aliens ?.. or how about the black gangsta's seen in the video that started this thread?.. do you honestly believe our forefathers seen that happening? if they had of they would have picked the cotton themselves.
    No ones rights are being infringed by a simple background check, if your not a criminal you get a gun, here in Oregon you get it with a 5 minute wait, where's the loss of liberty there?
    On topic I want to keep those types as seen in the video's from getting guns easily, and possibly avoid dealing with masses of heavily armed dirtbags in a SHTF or just a deep depression scenario.

16. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Back then Uncle Sugar didnt get into peoples lives. There was NO INS so if you came in you were as leagle as anyone else. Everyone owned guns and even those who didnt carry openly mostly all carried (me great grand father for instance was never seen with a gun on his hip, he was also never unarmed) and ifone was attacked and shot their attacker they could expect not to be arrested much less charged, imprisoned or sued. Thus in those early days, dispite Hollywierds depictions, FAR fewer people per capita had to deal with violence or other crimes since everyone know that stealing a mans horse (car) resulted in being shot if seen or if caught later being hanged from the nearest tree. Also in those times, you didnt really even hear of muggings and such.

Seems to me that getting RID of the restrictions and going back to haveing few laws and people being able to solve their own problems makes a LOT more sense. Stop and think about it, our nation becomeing a place where walking down the street is dangerous has progressed hand in hand with INCREASED restrictions on who is allowed to have guns and their ability to use them to defend themselves, their family and their property. In the time of our founders, even felons carried guns after they served their time....if their crime didnt get them hung or shot before they could finish it.

The back ground check wont stop Jose, G Dog, or anyone else who is going to be a threat from haveing guns any more than the gun buster signs will stop those or other criminals from walking in and slaughtering people, they just make sure Uncle Sugar knows where the honest folks guns are when/if they choose to go to collect them, sell the guns and ammo out of vending machines on every corner like soda pop though and have every person in that room armed and the guy wont go in to shoot the place up. Disagree? How many times have you heard about a mass shooting (or for that matter an armed robbery, mugging, rape, etc) IN a gun shop, gun show, police station, etc? Granted the crimes in the "()" may occasionaly happen in a parking lot or some such but even that would be WAY less common than any place else. I know I did hear about a couple times such things were attempted...it was in the Darwin Awards when the armed man walked into a Texas gun store and pulled a gun then tried to announce it was a robbery....he had a couple dozen holes in him before he could finish his statment, same place heard about it when a guy wasnt quite stupid enouph to try to it AT the police station ...but he tried to rob a credit union, what he didnt realize (or was to stupid to comprehend) was that it was the POLICE credit union ON PAYDAY and just after SHIFT CHANGE. He pulled his gun and so did EVERY person in the lines, didnt work out well for him.

Point being the only way for the gov to fix anything is for them to get the their fingers/noses the hell out of it, not for them to get more involved, that just screws things up more.

17. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Well said MM. [winkthumb] It is very simple .gov has no right to restrict ANYONES right to own guns of any kind. Less that .gov messes with things the better off we will all be.

OGM

18. E.L.

I cannot agree more.

19. Tackleberry

Tackleberry Krieg Hündchen

The video brought back memories of being the little 'white-nigger' getting bussed across Oklahoma City to Douglass High School to survive another day of black-gang-beat-downs. I remember it getting hairy there when the LA Riots started. They were talking about which mall they were going to loot first, and which 'white-niggers' they were going to cap.

They are like a pack of feral dogs. They are ruthless and have no humanity. When they come, don't negotiate with them and don't shoot over their heads. Because if you do, they will kill your ass.

On the bright side, they are for the most part VERY stupid. I mean heck, just watch the video. Like was said above, I am very surprised none of them shot each other. While they may have seen a SWAT team do an entry, they didn't see the intel work and logistics it required to pull that entry off.

When these guys roll up during a SHTF situation, if you don't aim to kill, you won't live to regret it. If you employ sound military tactics, techniques and proceedures, you will survive with an impressive body count.

These guys are not counting on the 'white-niggers' in a concealed postition 700 yards away with an M1a or 700 picking them off one by one. They are not counting on the red-neck 'white-nigger' waiting for him in the dark with an AN/PVS-14 and an M4 mounted with a NV compatible EOTech.

In case you didn't notice, I have used the word 'white-nigger' quite a bit. It is to stress this is how they look at YOU! They will rape your 'white-bitch' wife, daughter, sister and mother. They will kill you. They will torture your kids. This is their nature.

One up-side to this will be the ability to take their weapons once the smoke clears. You probably won't get much ammo, but the guns will serve as a nice trophy...

20. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

I didn't watch the video because I'm on dial-up. But I spent a few of my years growing up in Milwaukee Wis. and pretty much agree with what you said. Post SHTF anyone caught here with out an invite will likely be chicken feed.

OGM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7