This virus is a butt kicker.

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by poacher, Aug 26, 2007.

1. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Hey Monkeys

Just thought I'd let you all know we have a virus running around here thats spreading like wildfire. It hit me on Friday around 2100 and I'm just to the point that I'm up and moving around. I felt fine during the week and Friday not a problem, got home and the kids were starting to eat when the youngest one just ups and pukes, that was at fiveish.
    From that point on she couldn't keep anything down, at nine I started having my stomach do barrel rolls and off to the races we went. Saturday was even worse and then at about 11am the boy was watching tv and boom down he goes. got weak, lost the color in his face and he threw up. So far the only one not to get it has been the wife.

Whatever it is when the wife called walgreens they said within the last three to four days pepto, immodium, etc have been flying off the shelves.
    So word to wise if it be moving that fast around here you all may want to start taking preemptive measures now. My folks got it as well and they had the kids on Thurs. so it looks like a incubation time of around 48 to 72 hrs.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

2. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Where are you located?

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

With school getting started across the nation - get ready for more! My buddy's kids are always bringing something home like that.

4. poacher

BlackJack

Sorry bout that. Ks.

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Poacher, the wife letting you cook again?....lol
    Sorry, bad joke, I hate puking

6. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

I was feeling bad because of the sinus thing going on with me, but that's nothing, I hate to puke

7. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It hit this area......been there, had it. Last week.

icko.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

It hasn't hit here yet - that I know of. My sister is a pathology lab tech at one of our hospitals, and gives us 'early warning' of illnesses hitting the public.

9. duanet

duanet Monkey+++

It's in New Hampshire and I can state that as one who had it, Am 69 and was in bed for 3 days. Went to the clinic and the DR sent me down for an x-ray of my lungs. Everyone coughing and such. They use those things that buzz and vibrate when they want you to come up instead of calling your name. For the first time ever it was in a zip-loc baggie and they were changing the bags each time it was reissued. That was 10 days ago and I am still fighting an ear infection. Infection control at the clinic sucks. If you aren't sick when you go in, you will be by the time you leave. Saw people coughing and covering their mouth with their hand, get up and open the door and go into the lab office area. No hand sanatizer available and only a sign telling you to cover your mouth if you arre coughing. Kleenex and a hand sanatizer would at least make an attempt to limit it amoung the literate.

If or maybe when a pandemic flu hits, the medical system as it is operating now will either be ineffective in controling it or may actulaly spread it. It looks like the boy scout motto, "be prepared", is the only hope you have. Nothing on the news, but the clinic was full. Well back to the "news" and it tells you what the advertizers want you to hear. Shop ****** , wear these glasses and don't look behind the curtain. And now is an excellent time to buy a house in Floridia.

10. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

I came down with something similar on Monday. It hit really fast. Extreme tiredness, headache, nausia, and joint aches. It happened so fast, I wondered if it might have been mrningitis, but kept self-monitoring long enough to realize it was just some virus. Spent one hour at work, and two days home. No vomiting, but felt nausious.

jim

11. poacher

That was the condensed version of it. The full tilt crap is no fun. Hope ya miss out on this one.

12. FalconDance

FalconDance Neighborhood Witch

There's some sort of sinus type nasty bug running around here. Goes straight into a pneumonia-like illness with gawdawful coughing and congestion. Husband has it right now - and he hardly ever gets sick! Sounds a bit better today but considering that is relative to yesterday, it's not all that good.

13. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Had something starting a week ago with trouble breathing, and dry lungs and sinus. Used some Breatheasy tea, Collodial silver, and Wild cherry petasites, Clear lungs and Air power herbs. I notice that Kansas and Florida came up alot. Well here in Texas, too.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7