Timing of financial collapse in America

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by fireplaceguy, Nov 18, 2010.

1. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

OK - you think it's possible/likely/certain there will be a collapse. When do you think it's coming? How long do we have left?

2. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

It's a guessing game. Right now, every day that it doesn't happen is another day that wise folks can use to prepare for it.

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

with the way they keep kicking the can , who knows. What I do know is that they are dragging this **** out. But hell yes, I am using this time to get a prepped as I can.

4. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Just like the old song "ANY DAY NOW "

5. azprospector

azprospector Happy Desert Rat

It won't take much to push us over the edge at present. Keep preparing because it could happen at almost any time.

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Well, we aren't exactly fortune tellers, we aren't psychic or part of the inner cabal of banking elite -so I seriously doubt we can accurately predict the future.

That said, one should pay special attention to the warning signs of economic collapse. Some trend forecasters say that it is very close; within the next 6 to 18 months when the economy will implode and a new currency will be offered as a means to abate the crisis. There is some speculation, particularly with how long the crisis is to be planned in order to achieve the desired results. The results being civil unrest, starvation, mass homicides, and other disasters to accommodate the crisis and create the "need" for military involvement, gun confiscation, and police state measures. There is also a distinct possibility for viral outbreaks, flu pandemics, and other bio-warfare, so plan accordingly.

In my own opinion (also read that I have no idea), the 2012 mythos surrounding the end of the world is yet another fear tactic and one should not base their entire planning around this. The planned uniting of the USA, Canaduh, and Mexikkko will take much longer -and this all relies heavily on the currency being debased and near worthless, a fully working trade route (massive highway system linking the three nations), and common ID cards and legal systems. Therefore, I can predict that the "crisis" will be sooner rather than later, and the merger between these three nations will happen after the fact -after the United States has eroded into an all out civil war and massive police state under publicly declared martial law. I could be wrong. It's been known to happen.

Some constants we CAN be sure of:
    -The US economy WILL fail, and a new currency introduced with higher taxes and increased government control.
    -The government WILL try to capitalize on the implementation of martial law
    -It will be a crime to grow your own food, and arrests will become increasingly more frequent.
    -Censorship of the media and communications will continue to increase.
    -Restrictions on travel will become more Orwellian each day.

7. Detentus

Detentus Monkey+

I don't know what will happen for sure but there's no doubt that gas and oil prices are rising and food prices are starting to get way out there and will surely rise more. I suspect that it's very possible that we will slide into a full scale depression. To that end I'm still actively prepping and have been for about a year now. There are too many sources(unrelated) predicting a dire scenario and taken together they can't be ignored.

8. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

+1

This is what I feel makes this "doomsday" time prediction much more pertinent than any other cited by groups in humanity.. Because there are many, many, different unrelated sources that point to this time..

9. Detentus

Detentus Monkey+

Suerto, let's just say that I made a mini-run yesterday to a grocery store I haven't been to in awhile and was shocked at the prices there. I see them steadily rising at my local super center Wally World, too. Whenever something goes on sale I grab it, after checking the expiration date and add it to my stores. I also see alot of back ordering on sites like Emergeny Essentials and Honeywell Farms(best shipping price, BTW.)

10. sunshine

sunshine Monkey+

With the world economy, instability within some countries (Noth & south Korea) to mention the latest, Wiki leakes & such problems like that, we also have the crazy weather to contend with. That is a wakeup call to me. 2012 IS something to be concerned about ,as earth will be in the centre of the milky way which has ( I think its protons) energy of some sort zipping past. It is not known what it will do to our earth.

11. MadMan

MadMan Monkey+

As a new member I feel it's time to formally introduce myself. I work as an analyst for a big 3 consulting firm. My world involves analyzing banks, large corporations and small business' too. I've been in this industry since I got out of grad school, 15yrs, and have the pleasure working with governments all over the world. There is a good reason why I'm on this board, now. There is a good reason why I started prepping a month ago. Details are very sketchy, and you all know what opinions are like... I currently live in Charlotte, NC THE financial capital of the USA. Many people would say it's NY city. If someone were to look at the banks, consulting firms, asset managers, hedge and bond runners, you'd likely see what most don't.

Charlotte is the natural choice for the financial hub. Why? Because NY city along with Chicago, and LA would be the first to go to %&$. Charlotte on the other hand is close to these city's, but many dismiss it as a viable target. Good for me! Bad for NY,LA and Chi people. The misinformation will play off of the NY and LA problems, while here in Charlotte the money never stops and continues to change hands.

The financial future of the USA is in doubt by many of us "in the game". I'd guess that some views could lead to chaos, and others could lead to positive change. I cannot at this moment tell you what I think. To many variables in play. I can tell you that I'm scared to death about this whole North and South Korea thing. Why? China, who is a key ally to the North, is the largest debt holder for the USA. Since going off the gold standard, many people have no idea what our debt is tied to. Land. Our land has guaranteed our debts. Debt which has not seen one dollar more than the interest due since the founding of this country. Yes, I said the founding of this country. The dutch whom we borrowed money to fund the revolutionary war was never paid by us, but by the refinancing of debt from another country (Spain).

Sooner or later the sleeping giant will awaken. That war will be fought here folks not over there. Remember the saying "Never fight a land war in China."? It's true!

Have you ever considered why the US has the best technology, the best military and the best weapons? Land, pure and simple, land. Of course just the fear induced by this knowledge alone is enough to stir the wild imagination. It's a lot easier to watch TV, go to the movies, or play video games than it is to pick up a history book written by the Germans, Spanish, English or other whom all recount the history of our country, from a different light. Maybe, just maybe, enough people will take the chance to learn, and understand.

Ignorance is bliss, now pass the popcorn, the movies about to start...

1. VisuTrac
  2. Dunerunner
  3. 3M-TA3
  4. enloopious
  5. Dunerunner
  6. oldman11
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. UncleMorgan
  11. UncleMorgan
  12. Gopherman