Toilet Paper- How Is Your Stockpile

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Sep 1, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Pass.....

Dunerunner likes this.
  2. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

what is a diaper pail!?

3cyl likes this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015
    Tully Mars likes this.
  4. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

o ok that thing !!! sorry its been a few years

Tully Mars, vonslob and Dunerunner like this.
  5. shaman

shaman Monkey++

Yep! Grandpa grew up on a farm in Brecksville, Ohio. They used corn cob as well as the Sears Catalog. He used the lady's underwear pages first and saved the hunting rifles and shotgun last. His story about corn cob matched: 2 brown and then a white to see if you needed another brown. He also told the story of how the Polish family moved in up the road. Their mother sewed the kids into their longjohns in the fall and didn't let them out to spring. They used their hands for toileting. None of the other kids would play with them.

In regards to the bidet, it is an actual fixture, and when I retire to camp permanently, I'm springing for one:
    [​IMG]

It sits next to the toilet. $200 and no need for toilet paper! My point was that you can pretty much do the same thing with a hose off the sink.

kellory likes this.
  6. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

Now i will tell you i have first hand experience with these things as in uraguay they are in every hotel !!! i spent ALOT of time sitting next to them and stairing at them turning the water on and tilting my head and looking at it and trying to figure it out ... AND THE PHYSICS IS NOT THERE THERE IS NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM YOU CAN CLEAN YOUR ASS WITH THIS THING ... this is strictly for female use or for cleaning your feet!!!!!!
    Im not even sure if this is a true bidet i believe that a bidet the water shoot straigt up!!!!{like in crockidile dundee}...
    What you really want to do is install on of the hoses that is next to your kitchen sink next to the toilet ... best invention evere !!!!!!!

7. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

When I was in college and we ran out of tp ....... well never mind :whistle:

8. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

There are a number of youtube videos that "get down and dirty" (sorry couldn't help myself) on how to use a Bidet. "Bottom" line is you wash your bum then you wash your hands.

9. Lone Gunman

Lone Gunman Draw Varmint!

The ancient Roman Legions simply used a communal wet sponge. (Just a thought!) :whistle:

10. fmhuff

fmhuff Monkey+++

I am so into NOT doing that. :(

Yard Dart, Sapper John and Tully Mars like this.
  11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

What? No grandkids??;)

12. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

hell my kids are only 9 10 and 15

13. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I have 120 washcloths from Walmart stored. Wash them, keep them in a bucket of water, use one, put it in a bucket of soapy water. Repeat.

oldawg and Yard Dart like this.
  14. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

We used a tellyphone book for the good times , newspaper was the normal , this was in 1954-62 till ?? Pit / outhouses till an inside WC .
    Them new rigs are light duty , can't handle the paper ;) .. Hard Butts we were .

Yard Dart likes this.
  15. Yard Dart

So you are telling us you are a hard ass.....got it.[LMAO]

Tully Mars likes this.
  16. Tully Mars

We have several cases here along with some large totes full of rolls that we get when we use hotels. First thing we do is to grab all the stuff in the room and pack it away-coffee/tea/creamer, extra roll of TP, soaps, shampoo/conditioner whatever is in the room. They restock everyday when the room is made up. Over the years all that adds up. We have several large totes of each product here and use them in our caches as they don't take up much room.

Yard Dart and ditch witch like this.
  17. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

LOL Tully I do the same thing. The Mr. laughs when he sees me scrabble up all the hotel toiletries but hey, for $75-100 a night I figure it's ours. I probably have a 20 year supply of the hotel bar soaps and shampoos, ha! I never scored the TP .... may have to start doing that.

Tully Mars likes this.
  18. Tully Mars

I see these for sale at the local trade days and flea markets as well. Yup for 100 bux a night I already paid for all that stuff! The cheap@zz that I am will hit the maids up for extras if I see them in the hall. We have one tote of dish washing soap that we get from a certain extended stay hotel that has kitchenettes in their rooms..:sneaky:

ditch witch likes this.
  19. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

We've got a buncha old rugs. If we're buggin' in and run out I'll just do like Max and scotch along a rug for a while.

20. Yard Dart

Just don't waste the Scotch!!! [nono][booze]

Tully Mars likes this.
  1. Qwertyportne
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. JC Refuge
  4. DarkLight
  5. Alpha Dog
  6. hank2222
  7. allyn211
  8. monkeyman