Tools you'd pick

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Airtime, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Nah. I got mine.
    [woot]

2. -06

-06 Monkey+++

We have all our electric tools duplicated with manually operated ones(even a drill press). I use our "tool truck" most every day so it stays loaded. We have one man sized Aluminum shipping containers with a virtual home's supplies in them plus an extensive first aid box and the EMP sheet metal "radio" box. All can be loaded very quickly. Next goal is a dual axle trailer mounted set of solar panels with lots of storage area under neath the panels. It can be used at home or where ever.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

"1. Not counting basic hand tools like wrenches and screw drivers, what tools would you try and pack into a bug out vehicle if there was ample room in the trailer or back of the pickup truck and why?

2. If you had a good bug-in location complete with a well stocked work shop, what would you want to have (tools, machines, parts, materials, etc.) in it and why?"

actually gentlemen, you are both right. It is a lot of stuff, But a well stocked shop and a good load of materials coupled with a working mind, can make/ repair/ design as needed. And skilled labor always has a market.
    So stock your BOL with every option, and your BOV with what it takes to make sure you get there.

4. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

I know a guy who has the solar panels on top of one of the wells fargo vans and they seem to work great for him...
    can u please post a picture of this "manual drill press" and the aluminium one manshipping container.

5. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

another item that is a must have is splash zone ...
    so many uses and not very expensive ...

another item is balzona..
    It is expensive but can be machined when its hard.... it is acknowled by ABS {its like JB weld on steroids}

splashzone can even be used as a weapon .... make a baseball sized ball let it harden put it in a sock and start swinging....

Splash zone is a must have balzona is nice to have but may be able to do with out ... possible to fix and engine block with it ...

6. cranky1

cranky1 Monkey++

where is the chainsaw? or did i miss it?

7. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

i think u missed it ... It was on the 1st 18 wheeler load of supplies....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7