Top 3 reasons you would Bug Out?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by rimfirehunter, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

1- Nuclear emergency, i live within 20 miles of a Nuclear facility
    2- Chemical Spill i live within 5 miles of interstate and rail (stuck between the 2)
    3- If i feel threatened enough that i gotta get outta dodge

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

only one. I can no longer hold this ground. But that will be ok, they won't be holding it very long themselves either allah be praized or was that braised or raised. No matter.

3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I'm pretty ok...not much that would get me into GOOD mode....other than seeing my doppleganger, Elder Chelloveck, accompanied by Elder Eldridge coming up the driveway, clutching BOMs in hand!!! :eek:

4. Evil

Evil A rock n roll girl loving life!

Forest fire - though I believe I have enough defensible space to make it.
    chemical spill - I live less than mile from major highway & train tracks
    Other than that I was born in this house, and I will die here defending it!

5. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

when I run out of ammo to hold off the hoard of zombie looters

6. whynot

whynot Monkey+++

1. Fire
    2. Chemical spill
    3. FEMA / .Gov round up

Even if the place is sticks around me I should have the "parts" to start over with.

Whynot

7. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Assuming we are speaking of from home, where I would head at the first sign of problems that could conceivably reach my neighborhood, as opposed to my son's where I currently reside:

Major uncontained forest fire
    Numerically superior forces through the perimeter with being overrun imminent.
    Unopposable force (like the US Army) coming down the road and all that can be is secured where it is unlikely to be found.

Other than those, which would be local and temporary movements, it is hard to imagine where I would go that would be better than home sweet home. That's why we are here :)

chelloveck and tulianr like this.
  8. chelloveck

There is a lot to be said about toughing out on one's home turf. Getting out of dodge, you're just another refugee stranger among other refugee strangers in unfamiliar territory.

On your home turf, you have some advantages in knowing what resources are to be had in the neighbouring area that can enhance your survival, you have a better idea of who your likely sources of support are...and who the potential trouble makers are likely to be. Unless you are moving to a place that you have prepared and are familiar with...you may be merely jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

ghrit likes this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

1. If an electromagnetic wave from the HAARP array were suddenly focused on me.
    2. If any one of the numerous nuclear power plants surrounding me went into meltdown.
    3. If hell itself freezes over and I actually cared enough to notice.

Bugging out just sucks.

VisuTrac likes this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Since the Antenna Array at the HARRP Site, is designed to focus ALL the HF Radio energy Straight UP, it is not possible for it to focus on YOU,
    unless you happened to be flying DIRECTLY over the Array, when the Transmitters was actually producing, and Transmitting, Energy. When
    was the last time you were flying over Central Alaska, without your TinFoil lined HardHat?

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

No, the EM emissions can be reflected off the ionosphere, or by use of an orbiting array. You should know this! [tinfoil101]

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Exactly, HARRP is a "Cloud Burner" and the reflections off the Ionosphere, are what they are, and certainly can't be focused under any significant control.....
    and just WHAT "Orbiting Array" would that be...... and why doesn't it show up when folks are doing Sky Searches with Optical Telescopes?

13. chelloveck

It helps greatly if one's tinfoil cap is appropriately calibrated to the correct frequency.... ;)

[tinfoil101]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7