TOTM February 2015- Bugging In

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Tiwaz_Soldier

Tiwaz_Soldier Neophyte Monkey

Bugging in... Only for the brave.
    If you are considering this and in or near a large population center, you need to educate yourself more. Assuming you are not in a large population center, is your location in the path transiting between two? Are you near the coast? These are highly volatile spaces to occupy in a modern have and have not scenario. Bunker up and board the windows. Good luck.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And from the first post in this thread -
    @Tiwaz_Soldier -- We take it that you are not, so what's your point?

3. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

What is the fascination of boarding up windows? Is that a thing up in yankee land? In my AO, you are going to broil everyone in the house with a stunt like that. Am I missing something?

4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I'd rather die on my feet on my own land than become a refugee invading someone else's turf.

kckndrgn likes this.
  5. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

It's in the script. :LOL:

Motomom34 and AxesAreBetter like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have a few sheets of plywood but not all windows will be covered. I have black out drapes. I know they won't stop someone but then neither will boarding up a window. A bullet can got through plywood.

7. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Boarding up windows is not an option in Southeast Texas in the summer unless there is a hurricane in the Gulf. I've done it and they come down fast when the storm has passed and you have no AC.

8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Good thinking, Often when I read these BO posts, I think just where are they bugging out to? Other than kill our game, raid our gardens and catch our fish, then move on to the next location.

@Tiwaz_Soldier
    Boards are of no more value than curtains.

Tiwaz runes?

9. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Why the spear? Everyone knows that algiz is the one you want. Haha.

10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Which ,as a place to investigate looking for something to survive on, would you venture in first ?
    Some place that appears to be well lit and organized,
    or a shanty ?
    Chance are that if you've a lick of common sense, your going to steer clear of the place that looks well organized and well lit.
    IMO the shanty is an excellent trap, raiders will likely choose to explore first .
    Built and established well beyond the perimeter of the BOL and rigged with surveillance, one can ascertain if the incoming is hostile or friendly .
    Troops can be alerted as to where and how many and any other intel that can be acquired .
    These shanteys can also be used to house perspective visitors waiting for approval .
    They would work well too as a quarantine, till incoming are determined to be safe medically .
    Group survival is absolutely necessary the larger the better.
    Each member an active contributor in labor and security ,gardens to maintain and may more needs to be met than sitting waiting for the world to fix it's self, which is not going to happen on it's own.

11. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I have no preference.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. saki monkey
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. DKR
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Dunerunner