TOTM January 2015 Prepping/Survival Goals

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

[rockon][chopper] EXCELLENT DW!! We have been the same on the bee keeping thing-have interest but it keeps getting pushed back. However, due to a recent post/thread I've been doing a lot of reading up. I just missed a bee keeping class but I'm looking for more. I too have been wondering about making the hives and am looking into that a bit more. We have some old ones that were left on some of our property that I may be able to get measurements from.

I especially like that you've worked out a barter for some needed work. I try and do that whenever possible.:)

kellory and ditch witch like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Good luck with your course... hands on is the only way to go. We have talked about doing some cooking classes as a couple for the fun of it.... I do a majority of the cooking around home.... I suspect she thinks my cooking could use some refinement. ;)
    I love Mexican food.... [drooling]
    I would eat it a lot more often if I had the choice but I would probably be 300 lbs if I did so. :rolleyes:

Sapper John and Tully Mars like this.
  3. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

My two pantries and other storage areas need a diet. I gonna start with #10 cans of fruits (peaches etc., drain, and dehydrate which will save a lot of space i.e. 2x #10 cans down to 1 gallon jar. Same thing with the freezers of veggies we put up. Dehydrating will save space and electric power. Maybe mixing some freeze dried cans and rices and potatoes in ready to eat meals by adding hot water just like hunting and camping outings. I also think I'll "can" much of my bean storage as it will not "go off" if left dry. Beans can git real hard and ornery after a number of years. So if I cook 'em and can 'em that will save a hassle later on, plus it will make creating meals easier (Chili w/ beans!). Less power usage now, less later. Of course methane later if'n I don't soak 'em right :p
    GB

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Septic on the remote property, or composting toilet in the TT (most of the water system was put in place last year). Clean out and reorganize the shed there. Put up pegboard masonite inside and hang up tools (shovels, rakes sledgehammer, wood maul, etc.). Inventory stored food and hygiene supplies. Rotate out older stock and replace with new.

1. OlDiceGames
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Prepsteader13
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Alanaana
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Thunder5Ranch
  12. Dunerunner