Travel Jacket Recommendations for Immediate Bug Out or Waste of Money

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Oct 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Hug-Me1.

2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

THAT is one ugly jacket. Looks like it could hold your phone, wipe your nose, hold you your beer and still leave you hand's free while you pee.

3. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!! It has the add on toe sneakers and a not so rugged back pack for all yer man bun needs.
    nFuanJoY1lS4E3bmSv9O_1082104347.

mysterymet, Zimmy and chelloveck like this.
  4. Is that what they mean by a "Safe Space"?

Thunder5Ranch and Zimmy like this.
  5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I wear a Scottie vest when I travel... I love it...and would recommend it...

Zimmy likes this.
  6. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Ya know, that green finger jacket is probably the best Gray man suit ever, especially in parts of the NW, CO, and NM.

Nobody would guess there was a plate carrier and a full rig underneath it. You'd need one of those multi-colored watchcaps with the dingleberries hanging past the ears, too.

Just look really really sad the party was a bummer, dude.

Seawolf1090 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

If what appears something completely bland, brown and tan bits of fabric sewn on like bad repairs so you look homeless people are so used to avoiding them the rejection alone might give you enough space people leave you alone.
    If the patches are velcroed on, or sewn on with very weak thread they can be ripped off to change one's look.
    I also vote for the vest rather than loading the coat but the problem with any extraordinary clothing is appearing to be well fed.
    Seems it might be most advantageous not be among people.
    If you appear reasonably healthy, someone is going to fallow you home.
    With a monocular, I can watch game 3 miles or better away, depending on brush and terrain. If you have never been game try wearing the hoof on the other foot.

chelloveck and Zimmy like this.
  8. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

When traveling by plane or on business and you wish to look a bit more professional yet have lots of pockets and a jacket made of a natural fiber which can provide a bit of fire protection maybe consider this:
    Men's Fire Hose Presentation Jacket

I do not wear synthetics that melt easily whenever traveling by plane and I generally have a pair of swim goggles and a fold flat activated charcoal mask in my carryon.

I used to travel 150,000 miles a year by plane many years ago. That was in the days of suits and sport coats. All the business folks would have these wardrobe suit carriers they’d carry on plane. I had one and hated it. I figured out how to roll a suit such that it would fit in a soft sided shoulder bag such that they would come out with few wrinkles. Hang it in the hotel bath with the shower on full hot to steam up the bathroom and what few wrinkles there were would disappear.

These days when I fly its generally jeans or cargo pants, cotton long sleeve shirt, fleece jacket, light weight rain coat and what ever else is needed for the weather (plus swim goggles and gas mask).

Zimmy and arleigh like this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

If you truly want to blend in and go without notice in certain areas of the USA you really need the pussy hat to top it off!
    index.

Zimmy likes this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Percolating hose I hope :ROFLMAO:

Yes, you are quite right about fire resistant clothing on flight. I wear cotton drill cargo pants and a cotton multi pocket vest ...just in case my carry on luggage is over allowance. I wear a woolen jumper or coat over the top

Oh and Nomex flying gloves

upload_2019-10-9_16-9-30.

I keep my Platatac Nomex® Anti-Flash Balaclava out of sight onboard. It makes the flight crew skittish if I'm wearing it. :eek:

11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Wool or cotton or both are far better in the long run than synthetics .
    Fires might become rather commonplace and getting out of control as well, so wearing clothing more fire-resistant is crucial.

Zimmy and chelloveck like this.
  12. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

Some great answers. You need to look at layering, and if you're concerned with keeping stuff on you, then that means a vest overlaid by a coat. In my personal case, I have a vest with a holster and lots of pockets I could wear underneath my goretex coat. If it is really cold out, I'd top that with an M65 field coat.

If you are looking at where to get these relatively inexpensively, try a local Army/Navy store, or hit local thrift shops or yard sales. Commercially, The Sportsman's Guide has been a source of mine over the years. (That and a Joint tour with the US Army, which got me the Gortex and M65).

Awe, some snowflake needs a hug!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2019
  1. Swedish woman
  2. Swedish woman
  3. Meat
  4. Hanzo
  5. HK_User
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Motomom34
  8. Ganado
  9. stg58
  10. H.I.S Survival