Trip Odometer

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Quite possibly a torque multiplier. The male hex makes me think it is more specialized than that.

Hanzo, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Agreed,Pretty much a specialized tool for a specific machine

Hanzo and Meat like this.
  3. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Not a torque multiplier, it's a 3/4 inch drive hex that is used to roll over large engines slowly , 1/2 square is to hold a second ratchet in reverse or add power to overcome . used to bump brgs to time in .1940 engines diesel and b4 used these .
    Sloth

Hanzo, Zimmy, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

The next question is how’d you know that? Amazing!!!!

Hanzo, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  5. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

He was there!

Hanzo and Meat like this.
  6. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

No Sir , Was not there , I have been working with power production places ( Posted or sent to jobs from .MIL )
    Cooper Bessemer used those , MAN used them also , another maker also , but I forget the name we used it on (shifting cam style ) Atlas and early GM 268's ,,ya brain fart , (Pffffffff SBD) had that tool .
    Mount on the gear drive to the mass wheel (flywheel ) and have a way of controlling a rev speed on the 35-50 foot long engine .
    Sloth
    old and slow

Hanzo, Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I was wondering why it was so dark this morning in the hills. My phone even knew Daylight Savings but I forgot. Very little brass but some is locked under the snow waiting for freedom possibly next weekend. I did find another wallet right on the highway. It was picked clean besides 11 US stamps and a movie receipt. Here’s a cool pic or two.:D 54B70B5F-FED1-4F6B-BD8E-A1F1E3A83B63. 85A49DAE-6570-492C-BB64-8F74B3BBCF91.

Hanzo, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You bungee jumping Meat?

9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

No. They did it last summer from there though. I think it was folks from a mental hospital.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    Hanzo, Ganado, Cruisin Sloth and 3 others like this.
  10. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

And you passed on a chance?

Hanzo, Ganado and Meat like this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Yup. No thanks. Lol.

12. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You know I've heard that as a man get's older his testical's shrink,True?

13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Correct. The dogs still find them with their paws though. Ouch!!

14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Lol, Just kidding,You seem like a guy that can handle it,I enjoy you pictures btw

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2019
  15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

6EB23953-7B78-476D-AEFB-66487BC521AC. Well I’ve ca$hed in the brass and aluminum. Total of around $325.00. Half of coffee can full of live rounds as well. Good times. :D
    (My bro found this axe today chasing that shiny brass. Jackpot)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Hanzo, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  17. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

My Honda commuter took a crap on the highway this morning on my way to the mountains. I coasted a ways onto a side road. No spark beyond the distributor. Cap and rotor are newer. Would this be distributor? I’ve checked every fuse imaginable. Thanks for any help. Off I go for the rescue if it’s still there. Lol.

Hanzo, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Most likely the capacitor or the coil if you have an older model,You could provide a bit more info?

Hanzo likes this.
  19. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Just got here again. No spark, plug side of distributor. Cleaned cap and rotor. Continuity is good. Test with plug wire and plug against ground I get nothing. Coil is new. Cap, rotor, plugs, and wires are new. Ima pull distributor next I guess. Thanks. Oh 87 Honda Accord Lxi. Thanks.

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Just because its new doesn't mean its worth a flip,Always remember that,Run a hot wire from your POS on the battery to the POS side of the coil, Hit the starter and see if you have fire.

Gray Wolf, Hanzo, Zimmy and 4 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7