Trip Odometer

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

You were exactly right. New rotor was poop. I’m back in business folks. Tribal policeman and tribesman were really cool.

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Here’s more of the tale. I’m partially blocking a driveway to a school or ? I’m getting dirty looks left and right. Stupid B@tches didn’t offer a hand they call the police. The police pulls up I tell him “FYI. I’m armed.” He didn’t get attitude or anything. Was really nice. I explained my predicament and he offered me a water. I said “look back there. I’ve got everything I need.” Lol. Oh yeah. Typically the only guy that stopped to give me an assist was a Redneck. PNW version.

Hanzo, Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Happy you got er' off the road and pointed in the right direction, Salute Meat !!!

Hanzo, Ganado and Meat like this.
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Thanks. I had one track mind on cause. I looked inside the distributor and saw wires. Wires everywhere. Going back to coil. My friend got me back on track and then I read your post. Same. Lol.

Hanzo, Zimmy, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

im guessing bad cap or rotor , make sure the rotor is turning when engine is cranked , im assuming it is if the ignitor is firing the coil.
    87 what honda ? civic and what distributor have you got ?
    Got old parts still ? Im guessing a crappy rotor that has arched thru the underside .

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Hanzo, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

7C6691C8-285D-4652-B925-A3C4713FFDD7.
    You are right. Plugs, rotor, coil, cap, and wires were all new. Methinks when I did my trick to get home before (it’s a few pages back) I smoked some parts. My mind wasnt seeing what I should have been seeing. Just a bad rotor but plug wires were shot too. Lesson learned. Btw it’s a really nice 87 Accord LXI. It’s been in our family so I’m attached to it a good bit.

7. Cruisin Sloth

I now see i was a day late to the plate .
    I was just down in Arlington yesterday and got goofed up on the dates .
    Glad you got it going. Watch out for junk parts , I buy quality first . I look up whats oem makers
    Sloth

Hanzo, Motomom34, Meat and 1 other person like this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

It’s ok Cruisin Sloth. Thanks anyway. Good guys here. :D

Hanzo and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Cruisin Sloth

NGK are good wires on that MY and plugs also , cap & rotor i looked up were junk china crap I would not install .
    Doing euro cars only , I know the brands in that line only . they have real poor lines on some parts that are cheap but causeproblems down the road .
    Sloth

Hanzo, Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Might seem obvious but.......Picture a “Y” on a logging road. They way out isn’t the sharp turn on a Y. Trucks can’t make this turn. :D

Hanzo, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Brass Man is in Heaven now. He had cancer. My bro picked many buckets for him and in exchange Brass Man would give him 9mms. I gave Brass Man about 100 pounds myself when I’d visit. RIP.

Hanzo, Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

RIP Brass man.
    Wait, you have a brother that wanders around the PNW picking up brass also?

Hanzo, oldman11 and Meat like this.
  13. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Yes. My older brother by 5 years. In between is my sister. Dr So&So. Brass Man once turned in 4000 lbs of brass. That sounds like a lot but with fuel, wear and tear, and time spent it might still be in the red. The adventure is worth it though. At least to me. :D

Hanzo, Ganado, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

I found a candle fish lure up in the mountains today. In the package. Weird. Other than that nothing too interesting to report. I’m at about 7/8ths of a 5 gallon bucket with brass now. A couple of flashlights, aluminum cans, a helium tank, and a few other miscellaneous items. Littering is really bothersome to me. They need to start another campaign. With a crying fake Italian Indian. Quite effective for its day.

Iron Eyes Cody - Wikipedia
    For outdoorsman/sportsman to litter and destroy places is infuriating. Can someone please explain to me why these knuckleheads do this? Laziness comes to mind but it must go deeper. I’m getting pissed off just typing this. Oops.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Methinks it has roots in poor upbringing and the disposable society that really has no idea what disposable means.

Gator 45/70, Hanzo and Meat like this.
  16. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

That Italian made a lifelong career pretending to be an Indian. Methinks Fauxcahantas should study him.

Meat, Gator 45/70 and Hanzo like this.
  17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

WHAT?!? What is this "paper" thing of which you speak?

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  18. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Great name!

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Well my comedy act is wrote down on paper as well. Soon my boy will be back home and I won’t have anymore excuses not to perform. I rate it two thumbs up but I don’t matter. Lol.

20. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

WHAT !!! That wasn't a real American Indian ??? I've spent my whole life , not littering , telling others not to litter ,, out of respect for that very same exact Indian !! He has been one of my most important memories / mentors in my life . And you pop in here and in a few short seconds dispel 50 years of my childhood memories and beliefs ,,,,,, [angelsad][angelsad]

oldawg, Gray Wolf, Meat and 1 other person like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7