Trip Odometer

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Meat, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

462FD67A-8759-4DB3-BCCD-87ADCB273628. I took my grand dogs with me today. On the left is Scout and the right is Chief. They were good boys. We found about 7 pounds of brass and some litter. Boo.

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

From what I’ve been reading he might have been just a tad deceptive about his ancestry. His sister gave him up. For me it makes his story all the more interesting. Yes, and that commercial. A child in the 70’s certainly can’t forget it. Especially if you were raised by a television like me. :D

oldman11, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

My television was an hour or so after school,, Gillian’s island,, I dream of genie, 20,000 leagues under the sea,, ma and pa kettle, Beverly hillbillies. Walt Disney on Sunday nights. Other than that ,, my ass was told to get outside, go play , mow the yard, rake the leaves. But I do remember that Indian in that commercial and was really an inspiration in my life to care for our world,, because it’s the only one we have.
    Just reminiscing here. Thanks for the memories.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  4. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^^^^Correct. Very effective ad. I could remake another version. Mine would go something like this.
    Truck full of shooters leave televisions, bottles, and beer cans everywhere. Suddenly an Asian man with a long slender stick appears out of the forest. They say “where are you from?” He replies “Singapore you slimy bastards! Drop your pants!” Then he proceeds to cane each one until they’re crying for their mama. End of commercial. :D

oldman11, ghrit, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Won't be viewed in USA !
    It's gone Viral on Bit-tube ,,

I would say poor upbringing for many !!
    I still pick up trash , and round file it.
    S

oldman11, Gator 45/70 and Meat like this.
  6. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Yup. Good job. :D

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

[LMAO] You've got a twisted mind my friend , kind of like mine,,:D,,, but if some sum-beech said sumthin about droppin drawers ,, theres a good chance he'da been stobbed with my faithful Old Timer ,, if he coulda caught up with me zig zaggin thru the trees in my neck of the woods . I was a rambling kid , I knew back woods trails for about at least a 5 mile radius from my home AO .
    PS,,, I'm looking forward to your comedy debut ,,, you could be the next George Carlin , Dave Chapelle , Cheech and Chong .

Meat and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^^^^ I had relatives in Singapore. They certainly didn’t litter. That cane really hurts. Lol. :D

Gator 45/70 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Yesterday I found 3 spinning targets some idiots left behind. Cold Hard Steel. Now I’m looking for property in that area. Uh oh. I’m hooked. :D

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

84BBE013-C0C7-42B6-A50B-A468C1977770. My boy went with me today. I’d not ever want to be on the opposite end of him shooting. He’s one of those that was just a natural. From an early age. Unlike his dad. Oops. :D

Ganado, Gator 45/70 and Seawolf1090 like this.
  11. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Aww. Peter likes to rest on me while we’re cruisin the National Forest. Lol. 4AA81DA6-89D2-4AA5-B9EA-181A425BE0E1.

Ganado, Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  12. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Well I gave some dude a lift out of the NF today. It seemed a bit sketchy but he didn’t have a shirt and said his rig was in the ditch miles up the road. I told him “bro, I ain’t no clown and I’m armed as F.” He said he didn’t want trouble but just a ride to town. So success. Ride to town and I’m alive. Whew.

Ganado, Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Is that him above? I think you call him Peter?

Meat likes this.
  14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^^^^Nah. Peter wanted to rip his nuts off at first though. Then proceeded to lick him during the ride. Henry joined in too. Lol.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Nothing too eventful to report from the mountains. I’ve stocked up about 250 pounds of brass and a bunch of other miscellaneous things. The garbage is still depressing me but........I get what I can. :D

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

They’ve used an excavator to close many places up in the hills where I roam. It’s a combo of National Forest and private timber companies. I saw the evidence of one knothead trying to go up and over the rocks. Broke! Unfortunately all of his motor oil ended up on the ground too. Karma I suppose. A guy could seriously get “lost” in this area and live forever. You’d likely only run into the occasional brush picker or logger. Cool place.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7