tropical storm/hurricane Dorian 2019

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by sec_monkey, Aug 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I wonder if the range is open today?

Posted 3 hours ago
    ...HURRICANE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT...

...STORM SURGE WARNING IS CANCELLED...

Alternating sun and still with clouds and gusts, but no rain for the past couple hours.

2. Waydah

Waydah Monkey

We have a house rented for all next week beginning tomorrow on the OBX. Dorian was supposed to have been a Florida hurricane! Glad we have trip insurance.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Call the rental agent, you may still be good to go, even if Wally World in Duck is closed. Just think, no tourists to get in your way --

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Virtually no damage along the Grand Strand.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Waydah

Waydah Monkey

Priority Two evacuees, (residents and employees for critical businesses) are being allowed back onto Bodie Island beginning today at noon. Possibly Priority Three, (employees of non-critical businesses) will be allowed back with permit by tomorrow. Visitors are Priority Four, and no permit is required. We are holding our breath and will head down if the house is useable and not too many days have passed. No one is being allowed by onto Hatteras or Ocracoke Islands due to flooding and Hwy 12 damage.

Gator 45/70 and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  6. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Good luck Waydah. I know 12 will need all the sand pushed off. We lucked out in Myrtle, hope you did on Bodie.

Gator 45/70 and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That 12 catches hell during these things , sometimes completely washed away . I hope their damage is minimal .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. sec_monkey
  2. Gator 45/70
  3. john316
  4. Tempstar
  5. Seawolf1090
  6. hot diggity
  7. Witch Doctor 01
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Motomom34
  11. Ura-Ki