Trump: US Won’t Close Over Second CCP Virus Wave

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by HK_User, May 22, 2020.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

President Donald Trump on Thursday said the United States will not shut down if there is another COVID-19 wave.

“People say that’s a very distinct possibility. It’s standard. And we’re going to put out the fires,” Trump told reporters when he was touring a Ford manufacturing plant in Michigan. He was asked about whether he’s concerned about a second wave of the virus.

But Trump added a caveat, saying that “we’re not going to close the country,” and “we’re going to put out the fires.”

Trump expressed confidence in the United States being able to contain future CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus outbreaks.

“Whether it’s an ember or a flame, we’re going to put it out. But we’re not closing our country,” the president said.

Currently, data shows that more than 90,000 people in the United States have died from the virus so far. Starting in March, a number of governors have imposed strict lockdowns, leading to layoffs and business closures.

Trump made the remarks while touring the Ford plant, which is currently making ventilators in response to the pandemic.

But over the past month or so, all 50 states have started some level of reopening, including New York, the state with the most COVID-19 deaths.

[​IMG]
    People line up to get their care kits containing many hard to find items including masks, sanitizing supplies, personal care items, and education materials at Lynn Technical High School in Lynn, Mass., on May 16, 2020. (Joseph Prezioso/AFP via Getty Images)
    The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits in the two months since the coronavirus took hold in the United States has swelled to nearly 39 million, the government reported Thursday, even as states from coast to coast gradually reopen their economies and let people go back to work. More than 2.4 million people filed for unemployment last week in the latest wave of layoffs from the business shutdowns that have brought the economy to its knees, the Labor Department said.

That brings the running total to a staggering 38.6 million, a job-market collapse unprecedented in its speed.

The number of weekly applications has slowed for seven straight weeks. Yet the figures remain breathtakingly high—10 times higher than normal before the crisis struck.

And the continuing rise shows that even though all states have begun reopening over the past three weeks, employment has yet to snap back and the outbreak is still damaging businesses and destroying jobs.

Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

He'd better be right

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  3. HK_User

The People have spoken.
    They do not think CCP Virus will infect them.
    "Currently, data shows that more than 90,000 people in the United States have died from the virus so far."

Just be happy.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I like the borders closed me !

oldawg, Mountainman and HK_User like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Don't have to be closed, but they better be controlled. If closing helps get control, I'm all for it. I've been thinking the border should be a check valve, out OK, in NOT.

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Trump didn't actually CLOSE us down, he only closed down international travels from abroad, the STATES are the ones who closed down and restricted all movements to some degree! Trump played it correctly by letting the States decide what was best! Any issues now and it's the States on the hook for them, Not the Fed Gov, Brilliant move, and the absolute correct one!

If we get hit with another wave, it's already set up to block all foreign travels again, and this time, the fucking STATES can focus on the issue instead of attacking Trump claiming he was slow or inept in his official response! Mean While, N.Y.C took weeks to shut down public transportation, but were the first to blame trump for the outbreak and lack of action! And lets not forget Former El' President'e Obummer loudly claiming his righteousness and indignation at how much betteror he would have done things, all the while he fucked up twice and left us hangin far worse going into Covid-19! If this had been Canckles, we would all be dead by now!

mysterymet, SB21, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  7. HK_User

No doubts here.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

Nuke China Now!!!

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

As predicted, the Leftists are screaming and ranting over every single reported case after the reopening begins. The media is hyping the numbers and counting every single bean, all propaganda. The Communists want the shutdown to continue, most are too stupid to see the end game.

Gator 45/70, Mountainman and john316 like this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The end game is the blindly loyal useful idiots have dug their own mass graves, are no longer useful and need to be disposed of.

11. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Oh well, Got casks of powder, lead and primers, let them melt it all down and we can dance in the ruins, next morning we will see who is really ready to take on this brave new world we will find ourselves in!

12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The deficit itself doesn't matter, we've been well over 20+ trillion and steadily climbing. The system was designed to create wealth for the 5% on top, transferring as much as possible to the top. Since the money all comes from private hands, meaning it's not even money until after it is approved by the privately owned Federal Reserve, every bill is debt laden and the only way to try to pay it off is to print more. Naturally, this won't work. The .Gov pays for printing and cost to make the money, then agrees to pay the FED face value PLUS interest on every loan.
    What I am getting at is, a couple trillion added to the tab isn't going to break us. A couple trillion more won't do it, either. No, only public perception will prove to be the undoing of this nation, from speculation of the Stock Market to the closing of small businesses and rampant unemployment, and especially the corporate media and everything they shove down the gullets of every hapless moron.
    This next depression will be just like the last, it will be created in a scientific fashion. There will be no actual reason for it aside from the need to push a globalist agenda.

13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

mysterymet, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  14. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Right, and none of us need masks, and the drugs the president and rich folks are taking are ineffective, & etc. Sure, we believe the WHO, & CDC. They wouldn't lie to us!

15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't need or want to wear a mask, I also don't need or want to take drugs for something I don't have.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Most of us Monkeys are smarter than the those idiot " experts" with the CDC and the WHO. I decided long ago to do what I thought was best and the hell with what the foolish experts said. So I wore a mask from the beginning and then months later the CDC said to wear masks. F*ck'em and feed'em fish heads!

mysterymet, Gator 45/70 and Gray Wolf like this.
  17. HK_User

Went to town today, I was the only one wearing a mask and the Count is up to 30 new cases of the CCP Virus.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  18. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Where I work we are required to wear masks, but most have them around their necks or have their nose sticking out. It wouldn't be so bad, except that one county south of us is a hotbed for the CCP Virus. I wish that they would set-up roadblocks!

mysterymet likes this.
  19. HK_User

We had a DAV Meeting today, it was time to elect Officers, we had the required number of members for a vote, all officers were voted in as the official list stood from last year.

It was a landslide in support of the Chapter.

Short meeting, most wore mask, distancing as required and a good bunch to support Vets.

Adjourned

Oddcaliber and Merkun like this.
  20. HK_User

Counts up to 32.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7