Tucson woman survived 9 days in Arizona wilderness

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Apr 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

She's fortunate that it wasn't June when temps hit 108 - 110 and monsoon rains are still weeks away. The 3 day without water time limit shrinks.

On top of that, there is generally no water to be found. What little can be found is long standing and growing green meanies (very very nasty stuff). Any and all edible vegetation is long dead and dried up, save for a few cactus fruits. In some areas cactus doesn't even grow.

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@Altoidfishfins
    I was surprised it took them so long to find her vehicle.

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am glad she was found and she obviously had some knowledge. I think @Pax Mentis made a good point. When traveling we need to make sure that we adjust our edc & ghb's to the area we will be in.

chelloveck likes this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Just having EDC and/or GHB at all would have saved the woman a lot of grief and privation.

GrayGhost, kellory and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

You're kidding, right? First of all, we are speaking of my son who has been "involved" since he was about 6 yrs old (30 years ago) and who has also taken over the family business (which is co-located with the preps). Secondly, at my age and situation, the preps at this point are basically for the kids, grandkids and other group members...medications with a fairly short shelf life pretty much assure my survival these days in the case of a collapse is very time limited.

6. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

That was a truly awful tale! Gruesome!

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Yank that spare tire out of the car, deflate it and set it ablaze! The smoke will be seen for miles.

Meat and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is an excellent idea. I never thought of that.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  1. OlDiceGames
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Prepsteader13
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Alanaana
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Coyote Ridge