U.S. Target List...in a Full Scale Nuclear War

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by E.L., Aug 2, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Thanks for the info...
    I have around 10 rolls of the heavy duty aluminum foil and the same of the regular foil... that stuff just has too many uses.... it will be like "gold" when you want it you won't be able to get it... when you need it... it will always cost more than you want to pay.... its cheap right now.... make sure to include it on your list of last minute things to stock up on.... plus it makes a cool hat... just in case...:D

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I DON'T know for sure, but the inabillity of the microwave rf to get through the "screen" is a function of frequency (wavelength) in microwave frequency (radar) wave guides impedance is contantly variable,1/4 wavelength back from an open is a short ( why you tune antenna 's for low vswr( reflectivity) by adjusting the lengths of the cable or elements. An emp pulse wouldn't produce a single frequency, there are always harmonics an sub harmonics in any fast rising ( high frequency) waveform. I Used to repair and calibrate ( xand s band ) flightline and lab test eqipment as a precision measurement spec (a lonfg time ago in galaxy far, far away, in arkansas) in a previous life..

The microwave oven would provide 5/6ths of a grounded metal box so would in all propbability provide some emp protection. Interesting idea this bears looking into. Junk ones would have to be plugged in to a 3 prong outlet unless otherwise grounded to provide any protection.

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Right, you did do electronics, the impedence is variable because the frequency changes. The freq on the EMP is usually lower, like <30kHz, so the screen would stop the longer waves. 1/2 wavelength terminates, and the harmonics would come into play if there was an object, say magnetic, that acted like waveguide or a tuning fork. Unless combined with other harmonics, 2A -B, or 2A-2B, for a familiar example of feedback in an amplifier, they are usually much weaker that the primary frequencies.

5. jim

jim Monkey+++ Founding Member

The unclassified training I received in the army stressed that unshielded electronic devices would probably be fried. Radios were to be disconnected and antenna's dismounted. Static spark from humans will indeed fry semi-conductors.

High altitude bursts will cause little if any radiation that will reach the ground, except EMP.

Airbursts are the preferred method of nuke attack because of the blast and fire damage. I'm guessing that those primative trials the Chinese tried had the fireball touching the ground, and caused most of that radiation. I have no idea who would and would not make a strike dirty save hitting the hardened missile and NORAD sites. They could for sure.

jim

6. grizz

grizz Monkey+++

according to the list of states,,,,,,,,i"m history:eek:

7. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

If the guy that does the targetting is the slightest bit conservative, I'd be history if I stuck around here. :D

8. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I spent a while with an electronics security expert discussing this exact same thing, along with the distance you can download hi-fi. It is all a matter of physics.

9. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Do we have any updated lists?

10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

First list is way out oif date with many of the bases closed and units removed....

11. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

That's a big FRIGGIN LIST!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

As nearly every place I have ever lived is on that list (or other lists) I'm not going to worry about it. There will be no safe place if those bombs start being used, so getting bent out of shape about it will not help in any way.

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Whoever compiled the above list, doesn't know Beans about where the non-Publicly Known Targets are.... He missed ALL the NSA Sites, and 90% of the Sosus Landing Sites, and most of the CIA Sites..... I mean really.... Duh.....

Harbin and Yard Dart like this.
  14. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

It is an old list, BT. Those sites may not have even existed then.

15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Major cities would be a primary target, anyway. Military sites are hardened and require specialized payloads, usually not an ICBM, but a more accurate medium to short range weapon system.

16. BTPost

Actually, most of the Sites, that are NOT listed, have been in operation since the 60s and 70s, in one way or another.....

17. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

IIRC NAS Adak, AK was closed mid-90's

...having lived for a short time in Fitchburg, Ma. nuking it would be a big improvement. [tongue]

18. BTPost

NAS Adak, Ak was closed, but that isn't the only .GOV thing on the Island.... Far from it..... If you look at the MAP, there is a whole Section blotted out in RED, that says "Danger, US Government Installation, ALL Entry Denied, Violators will shoot, DEAD"
    These are the same Signs, used on the fencing, around the NSA Base, in the Middle of the Yakima Firing Range, in Eastern Washington, State. This base just happens to be a few miles from the International Satellite UpLink Site for the Pacific Ocean, in Brewster, Washington... Gee I wonder why that NSA Base is there? Duh....

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The red isn't on Google Earth --

20. BTPost

No, I was referring to the MAP, visitors to the Island get, when they board the plane in Anchorage.... Our Camp Nurse's Husband just got back from installing a complete Generating system for a fish Processing Plant built into one of the Old Bases Warehouses, next to a BIG Dock... He has lt s of interesting stories to tell, after being on the Island for 3 months.....

1. DKR
  2. johnbb
  3. Brokor
  4. Waydah
  5. Bandit99
  6. UncleMorgan
  7. Motomom34
  8. The_Prepared
  9. Ganado
  10. apache235
  11. scpn
  12. Asia-Off-Grid
  13. Asia-Off-Grid
  14. Asia-Off-Grid
  15. Lancer
  16. Lancer
    Resource

EMP theory 2018-04-11

Stumbled across this while looking for old schematics.
    Posted By: Lancer, Apr 11, 2018 in category: Communications
  17. 3M-TA3
  18. arleigh
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7