Second Amendment VA raises concerns about gun registry with offer of free gun locks.

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by Yard Dart, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

VA raises concerns about gun registry with offer of free gun locks - Washington Times
    [gadsden]

sec_monkey likes this.
  2. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Trust them, they are doctors from the government and are here to help you...

And the check is in the mail.

[peep]

Tully Mars and oldawg like this.
  3. Tactical Joke

Tactical Joke Monkey

Most of the docs working in the clinics give a damn, but they do get jaded dealing with political hack superiors and numerous vets claiming disability because they stubbed their toe once getting out of a 5 ton.

I've heard the non-medical staff sucks, but my experience is limited to stories from my hermanos who've had to deal with them. I have private insurance, thankfully.

This smacks of political asshattery among the political parts of the VA, not the rank and file docs.

4. Yard Dart

Do you mean I can not claim that time I jumped out of a 5-ton and get disability... drat, there go my dreams.

I do agree this does not have anything to do with the rank and file med professionals... but the political bureaucracy... as in most .gov organizations. That is the problem now days, we have a bunch of politicos running crap that have no vested interested nor care about those within their charge.

sec_monkey and Tully Mars like this.
  5. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Gun locks are way too cheap to even consider their kind, uncle sugar offer.

6. -06

-06 Monkey+++

All new firearms come with them. I do not use them and have a few someone can have if they have young kids. Would not even consider letting the gub know anything they do not already have filed on you. It can and will be used for their purposes--possibly against you/us.

Harbin, sec_monkey, kellory and 2 others like this.
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Truckborne? Tailgate Commando?;)

sec_monkey, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

No, airborne, they'll fall for anything....:rolleyes:

9. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:lol:

10. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Trust them, they are doctors from the government and are here to help over medicate you.

Pax Mentis likes this.
  11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Rather than start a new thread I will jump in here about VA and the Obozo administration.
    This warning came in email this morning. Vets told they can ‘buy back’ 2nd Amendment rights
    I have not received a letter such as these, however forewarned is forearmed. I have been questioned repeatedly and extensively on repeated visits to the VA on depression, alcohol use, drug use, anger problems, PTSD, whether I have fallen, or have memory loss etc etc etc etc. This is usually by a nurse or aide or some lower position employee prior to seeing my primary care doctor. I am very careful how I answer these questions if I answer them at all. I think you all know how I feel about my Constitutional rights. Lets just say I will be less than pleased if I am a victim of this obvious illegal scam.
    Correction; I meant to say I had not directly been asked about gun ownership by my VA medical center, but they ask all those other questions you have to treat like a mine field when you answer. My Bad. A follow up post made me come back and reread this. Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't trying to mislead anyone.
    Beware my friends, there are pitfalls and things of danger out there. Stay alert, and keep your powder dry.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    UncleMorgan, BTPost and Yard Dart like this.
  12. William Warren

William Warren Monkey+++

Refresh my memory: what are the other two great lies?

William Warren

13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

One is..."I'll respect you in the morning";)

BTPost and Ganado like this.
  14. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I'm from the government...and I'm here to help.

Man I miss Reagan.

Yard Dart, kellory and BTPost like this.
  15. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Had to remind someone who has been in the VA system that the only reason for the VA is to kill him AND me off..
    Was getting the firearms, mental health questions from my civilian doc... Would seem those questions are required to be asked by Obumr care.. And reported??? Have seen five older Md's retire in this small community in the past year or so..
    The VA has also restricted participation in the stand down to preregistered actual homeless vet's.. Several of the stand downs in this area has been canceled. Stated reason was for lack of participation of volunteer's..
    Personally I think, well, never mind....

16. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Followed tacumotusn's link. Read it, and smoke started coming out of my hairy grey gorilla ears. Admit you were ever depressed for a single instant at any point in your life, for any reason, and they'll try to strip you of your Second Amendment rights on the spot.

I got news: the U.S. Constitution does not permit Second Amendment rights to be stripped from anyone for any reason. In fact, it says those rights shall not be infringed.

There in NO legal justification for taking away a person's firearm's just because he's crazy as a loon. Even if that person is "likely" to harm themselves or someone else.

And there's no legal justification for disarming felons. Or for turning them into second-class citizens. Even if it's because they might commit an unspecified crime at some time in the future.

Hey, wait a minute. Cops have guns, and they are VERY likely to harm someone else. So why haven't they been disarmed?

That just points out the hypocrisy of the Court's legal position.

In fact, cops should not be stripped of their gun rights just because they may kill citizens. (A lot of criminal are citizens, y'know. It's not like they come from Mars.)

Cops, too, have rights that shall not be infringed.

Veterans will be the core of the Resistance when the Second War Against Federal Aggression starts, or the government attempts to take the last few steps in their plan to establish a total tyranny. The government will move first to disarm veterans, then to hospitalize them, then to arrest them for Crimes Against the State, and then to eliminate them.

I am a very timid primate. And very slender, for a gorilla. When the time comes, perhaps I will hide behind a blade of grass...

17. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I've just been reading up on the many pills pushed on vets in the past and how easy it is to get a prescription for psychotropic drugs. It's almost like the VA just doesn't care...

The conspiracy mind in me would reckon there's an agenda, since nearly every case involving violent shootings and such can be linked to psychotropic prescription drugs. (Noveske's Facebook post is a reminder)

18. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

I guess I have been quite fortunate with my dealing with the VA around here. Never been questioned about guns, depression, or any suicidal thoughts. They do ask about any meds I may be taking, but "none" puts a quick end to that line of questioning. Usually a number of compliments on my physical condition and a short discussion on my diet. They have always been attentive to any needs, polite, professional and knowledgeable...
    ...and never been pushed towards taking any unneeded drugs, nor offered free gun locks.

Brokor likes this.
  19. Yard Dart

I would say honestly, that I have not dealt with the VA since ETS back in 97.... or thereabouts ;)
    Once in a while the Mrs say's I should have them look at this or that due to others that she has known that have received disability or services rendered to make them better. My typical response is of a nod and then nothing further. The more I hear, and the longer this crap perseveres... the more likely I will never step into a VA office for anything.

john316, oldawg and Brokor like this.
  20. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

I am a 100% service connected disabled vet. However, the VA finally got so bad that some years back I quit seeing them even for the service connected conditions. I figured out it was worth the money for very good outside insurance and associated costs just to not have the frustrations of dealing with the VA system.

I volunteer at the local vet center helping other vets navigate the paperwork to get enrolled with the VA and to get disability comp for injuries suffered while on active duty. Seems like it is a lot easier to deal with them when it isn't for me.

Back in the early 70's we used to say that there was only 1 difference between the VA and the VC...that one letter. Recently an old vet commented to me that these days there are 2 differences, the other being that the VC quit trying to kill us...

Brokor, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. oil pan 4
  3. Yard Dart
  4. tacmotusn
  5. Tully Mars
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Yard Dart
  8. GOG
  9. Yard Dart
  10. bmtm09
  11. Yard Dart
  12. marlas1too