Vehicle Maintenance & DIY Repair

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Illini Warrior, Feb 6, 2023.

1. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

Hanzo, mechstdr, crowdaddy and 9 others like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

If anything, a good resource to have in your back pocket.

mechstdr, Alanaana and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

I always buy a repair book when I get a different car. It has sure saved me a lot of money and yes the cost of the books has gone up but then again hasn't everything

4. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey++

Thank you for sharing! We've been doing our own vehicle maintenance and it is so helpful to have a good resource to refer to.

5. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

My ford haynes are terrible. Pretty basic explanations.

mechstdr, Alanaana and Dunerunner like this.
  6. sourdough145

sourdough145 Holder of the M1 thumb award...

Great resource, Thanks for posting the link.

mechstdr likes this.
  7. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

i have many different Haynes manuals for vehicles i own but they no longer publish them, info only on line now. i have books/manuals (motor/chilton/etc) going all the way back to the 1920s, both car & hvy truck, domestic & import. i have a book titled a Treatise on Self Propelled Vehicles copyright 1906. not bragging it took 50 years to accumulate it all. my newest books end in 2004 won't get any newer ones because i'm not buying more expensive tools and info that i may use a only a couple times a year, what i have covers my vehicles i own now.

Cruisin Sloth and CraftyMofo like this.
  8. mechstdr

mechstdr patriotic grease monkey

sorry Illini i didn't mention your repair textbooks, i downloaded all of them, you can never have to much information, thanx.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7