VHF Handheld Radio

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by RightHand, Jul 2, 2011.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Anyone have any experience with the Puxing VHS Handheld?

Puxing PX-777

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Not familiar with that Brand, but the chinese are building some goos stuff to compete with the Japanese in the Market. These units are CFR48Part 90 FCC Approved, so they CAN be licensed in the Business Radio Service, Vhf Band, as well as be used in the Ham Radio VHF Band. YOU are REQUIRED to get an FCC License to operate, these radios, in the USA, In one of the two Radio Services listed above. Business Radio Licenses cost MONEY, and the paperwork isn't all that easy to do, where the Ham Radio License is free, but does REQUIRE you to Pass the License Test for a Technician License as a minimum. I can help with either License, should you decide to go this route. I am a reTired FCC Field Agent, and have done licensing for individuals, and companys, as a sideline, in most of the Radio Services, here in the USA. I am also a 50 year Ham, and can get you started down that road, as well if you choose that route.

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks Bruce

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I am not sure of this and I am traveling, down in the FlatLands, at the moment, and can't check, but these units "MAY" be able to be used in the MURS Radio Service. I can NOT remember off hand if there was a Tx Power Limit, for MURS units, or not. If MURS Unit can have 5watts of Tx Power, then they would a acceptable in the MURS Radio Service. I just can't remember the Spec right now..... ..... Old Age.....

5. JaxShooter

JaxShooter Monkey+

They've gotten pretty good reviews. I did talk to a guy last weekend who said there seems to be a problem with the tones (DTMF) but that shouldn't affect many users. Hard to beat for the price.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7