Walmart ammo ban

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Coyote Ridge, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Coyote Ridge

Coyote Ridge Monkey

In case you didn't see the news.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Them dropping out of the Retail gun & ammo biz, is just fine with me... As a small One man FFL, it makes what I sell a lot more lucrative... as well as all the other small FFL, who were effectively shut out of the business, by the Big Box Store Gun Departments... Wally World, Dick’s, good riddance... Hope KMart and the rest follow suit...

3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Always buy somethings from the local small shops.. They are important for the community and need financial support from us.

Lancer, Gator 45/70, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Big Box stores never could keep up with the demands, nor did they ever have anymore then the most basic and cheap selection, or guns and ammo! For general plinking, they were a sometimes deal, but mostly hassle, and rarely worth the time and effort it takes to bother a employee who dosnt know shit about anything to try to help you get what you want!
    The local shops are were it's at, maybe not the best prices, but the best selections of everything you need, and they can usually get what you want if they don't have it! I have always gone to the little guys for everything Firearms and hunting related, from guns, ammo, loading supplies, ect, and never needed anything from the box stores!

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
  5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Walmart is/was about the last place I would buy a weapon. For one reason alone..... ZERO service after the sale. Most Mom and Pop Shops I use also offer gunsmith services and just in general great service post sale if something is not right. The main shop I use has a sign on the door "We Service What We Sell!"

6. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

Always do. >90% of my "entertainment" money goes to a local, family owned "sporting goods" place. F the big boxes..

7. BenP

BenP Monkey++

I think I will stop buying groceries there as well.

8. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Might be a chance to pick up some cheap ammo,you never have enough.
    [YD][lolol][flag]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I was reading a news article last night and the article said that Wal mart was only discontinuing handgun ammo sales. They will still sell rifle and shotgun ammo but will be phasing out guns.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Yeah, that's what I read also, stop handguns sells but like @Thunder5Ranch and others, who in the hell would buy their handguns there anywhere - it's not like they have a gunsmith on duty if you have problems. I have bought ammo there long ago but no big deal as I can get handgun ammo on sale cheaper and at a lot of places so...so, for me, this will have zero impact.

Good point about the ammo, I wonder if they will sell it off cheap?

Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  11. Waydah

Waydah Monkey

The Walmart closest to me doesn't sell handguns at all. Their long gun inventory is limited. They never had the ammo I wanted. Been a long time since I shopped there. I give my business to local shops. I have ordered ammo on the net.
    I have to wonder, is Walmart going to stop selling automotive supplies, too, considering the vehicle deaths? How about alcohol?

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

A lot of those "pistol calibers" are not just used in rifles but are popular too.
    They going to stop selling 22LR, 22mag, .223 because they are used in pistols?
    The only rounds with all most no rifle following i can think of is 25auto, 32acp, 380acp. As far as stuff wall mart might sell.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Alf60

Alf60 Monkey+++

I was in walmart last Monday night and there was a sign on the ammo case that said that since the state was under emergency conditions from the hurricane that there would be no guns or ammo sales. That being said... I will never spend my money in Walmart ever again.

STGThndr, 3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

66A367D2-68BD-4999-B8C0-2651CCF77CBB.

SB21, oldawg, Capt. Tyree and 4 others like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I've seen that right before Katrina hit...and afterwards...Seems that looter's like to loot stores with guns and ammo!

16. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Seriously your State prevents it's Citizens form self defense during emergencies where they can't provide LE? Did they also ban sales of plywood at Home Depot so you couldn't board up your windows as well? I'd think enough citizens would be PO'd about this to take it to the ballot box.

Never bought guns or ammo from WalMart. Too long to find a sales associate and few things will coerce me into standing in one of their bread lines just for the privilege of giving them my money.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. Last night I sent emails to the local store and the corporate office telling them that I would never spend money at Walmart again because they chose to attack the SA and gun free zones are not safe places to be.

SB21, Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  18. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I buy ammo there... 20% of the market for ammo is held by Walmart... It will add several miles to where I go for ammo... I did get some good deals last night on my .38 carry ammo....

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Walmart responded to my email. It is probably an auto-generated spam that will just make me more angry. I can't decide if I should read or delete it.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Read it and copy and paste here

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7