Walmart ammo ban

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Coyote Ridge, Sep 3, 2019.

1. It is an automated response that had nothing to do with my email. Yes, I am going to contact them to cancel my account. I have to admit, it did make me laugh.

WalmartCannedResponse2.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

Has anybody checked Wal Mart ammo yet? How is the price? A week ago I bought three boxs .44 mag for less than $40.00 a box. I need a little more .357 mag. [YD]
    [flag]

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I like the idea, and I'm sure it'll happen, and send them a message. I haven't bought ammo at Walmart in years, but with their
    recent declaration that they'll continue to carry "long rifle" ammunition, I wonder if they'll still stock .22 Long Rifle? I always wondered about their question about it at the checkout.

Q. "Is this for a rifle or pistol?"

A. "Yes"
    Walmart challenge. .

SB21, Witch Doctor 01, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  4. Walmart got a little closer with this response. They were a little pissy in another email. First they told me I needed to confirm by email I wanted my account closed. Next they claimed they already cancelled it.

RealResponseWalmart.

SB21, Seawolf1090 and mysterymet like this.
  5. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

The only Big Box store I get ammo from is Academy Sports. They have what I want.

SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I get mine from Sportsmans Warehouse (regional chain with helpful staff that know their business), BiMart (another small regional chain), PSA (mostly 5.56), Cabelas (when on sale) and my LGS. I give an LGS more leeway since 1) their overhead is high compared to chains and 2) my money stays in my community.

As for Dick's I've been thinking about spreading the word that they give free breakfast to urban campers who stay in their mostly unused parking lots. Yup, the Dick's closest to me me looks like it's tanked since their gun ban. The only time you see more than a small handful of cars in their lot is the beginning of the school year and the start of kiddie soccer.

7. hot diggity

Colion Noir nails the Walmart ammo ban.

Brokor, 3M-TA3, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  8. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

He nails everything. I'd hate to be on the other side in a debate with him.

Gator 45/70 and hot diggity like this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Shhhhh don't tell them there are plenty of AR rifles and AK rifles and shot guns that fire politically correct "deer hunting ammo".

In the immortal words of John rambo, "F'em".
    I will go to the bulk ammo dealer in town or order components off midway.
    Most of what I have been shooting has been pistol ammo lately.

My wife always wants to go to the locally owned independent "farmers market" which is a grocery store. I think we will go there more. Shit costs a little more there but their meat is better.

10. hot diggity

One less big box store to compete with the small local gun shops. I buy all my sporting goods at the local shop. It might cost a little more, but I'm supporting a neighbor and friend.

Lots of small town gun shops will get a big business boost with Walmart out of ammo and black rifle business.

STGThndr, oldawg, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Then when they sell politically correct deer hunting ammo it's not going to make any money because that really only ever sells for a few months one time a year.
    Then they will stop selling all ammo.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. Navyair

Navyair Monkey++

I buy from Sportsman's Guide, Ammo Depot and Angels. I have occasionally bought sporting goods from Wally World, usually on travel if I've forgotten something. Not gonna be a boycotter, but then I mostly shopped locally anyway. The real issue is for small town America where a lot of mom and pop shops have gone out of business and Wally World is really their only sporting goods option.

Bad corp decision.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

I know people that use to buy online but stopped cause they might have trouble explaining why they keep purchasing ammo for a gun that they sold years ago or fell out of a boat.

Oddcaliber and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I am so tired of the boat bullshit. If there comes a time you need to hide them you better be using them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brokor, Oddcaliber, techsar and 4 others like this.
  15. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

You don't like boats?

Mountainman and techsar like this.
  16. Gafarmboy

Gafarmboy Monkey+++

Same here. This may make me sound like a John Wayne wannane, but What are you going to do in ten years when you are too cowardly to do anything now. Not a damn thing. We all die, but it is how you live and die that will echo through time and your family lore. I am old and have a damaged heart, and I will most likely die quickly. But I WILL die with my boots on and my beloved .45 in hand, if it comes to that. To quote an old proverb " Better to live one day as a lion, than a 1000 years as a sheep". Plus, "Death is the last adventure". And I have always loved an adventure.,,

17. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

But as preppers we should prepare for the future...not die in a blaze of glory today. If you turn your home into an Alamo you will die, it might be there, in a hospital or in prison, but you will die. The government will take everything you have and your family, if you have one, will be on the streets. Hide your guns and ammo well, and wait. This house of cards won't last much longer.

Gator 45/70, oldawg and oldman11 like this.
  18. Hot Diggity's post (no. 23) is almost correct . Fill the cart with the most expensive FROZEN food in the freezer, park it behind something in the clothing section. Then let it melt.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Alf60, Gator 45/70 and Oddcaliber like this.
  19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I can tell you landlubbers from experience after having flipped a couple of pi rogues with guns in them....
    1 I flipped using a push-pole under willow trees, Guns sink the fastest followed by your shells,Decoys still will float. Even in a sack.

Alf60, Oddcaliber and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  20. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

I wonder if anyone told Wal-Mart that the soft point PC correct ammo used by deer hunting is more "devastating" when used against humans...

"That’s a good thing because it diverts their attention away from the reality of ordinary big game hunting ammo and its truly devastating terminal ballistics." from the Atlantic...

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7