Watch "After Armageddon"Full Movie History Channel Courtesy of Thunder5Ranch

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Oct 27, 2019.

1. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Problem with any movie is that a lot of material gets left on the cutting room floor by people with less knowledge about reality than the writers.
    Sad really .

Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  2. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

that movie also took a shot at religion right there also >>> the family had a problem attending a service before the food came out ....

the movie isn't tooo far off in reality - but instead of the objectors simply leaving - they'd organize a takeover coup and the righteous seize power >>> Hollyweird usually gets that part correct

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  3. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

I hated the kid. I don't why the wife cried over shooting someone dead who was about to kill her husband. Wouldn't bother me a bit as long as Law Enforcement and the Media didn't exist. Can you drink filtered water out of a radiator? Also assuming the wife can drive, why didn't they take another car for insurance so they'd have 2 cars?

4. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Given the choice and I'm not religious, I'd gladly Live in a Religious Town where they execute robbers, than take my chances driving 1000 miles to Idaho during TEOTWAWKI

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

If you drink Radiator Water, likely you will be DEAD, within two days, poisoned with Ethylene Glycol... That is called “Auto AntiFreeze” (The Yellow Kind). for the sheeple who flunked out of High School Chemistry... The is also the RED KIND which is Propylene Glycol, “RV Antifreeze” which will only make you sick, but if it was me, I would rather drink Scummy Pond Water , than either of the above...Your choice @ED GEiN, but you have to live with the consequences...

chelloveck likes this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ahhh,First will come the stomach cramps
    Next you will defecate all over the walls while cutting 360's screaming ever know profanity by man.
    Then your kidneys shut-down and your dead meat....
    Short answer is No.

chelloveck likes this.
  7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Says the guy who can't drive and doesn't own a gun :)

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Over the years I have tried to tell people, time and time again, that survivors WILL turn to religion when TEOTWAWKI happens. The truth is that people in rural and small town America are more religious. Preppers always seem to think that they can buy a doomstead out in the sticks, make some improvements, go there when the SHTF, and be accepted. Maybe you will and maybe you won't! To truly be accepted you would need to have been born there, have family there, marry into a local family, have lived there for decades, or have a skill/job/knowledge that will make you invaluable to the community. You need to become a part of the community by joining a local church, the volunteer fire department, the neighborhood watch, attending local sporting events, etc.. You, and your family, will have to become followers, not leaders, and keep your opinions to yourselves. If the people in the area are religious, conservative and gun owners, then you had better blend in..."the nail that sticks up gets hammered down". DON"T EVER SAY, " THAT'S NOT HOW WE DID IT IN...."! I know that it will be hard, and that is why I don't plan on bugging out. I'm gonna stay right here on my patch of dirt, and "root hog or die"!
    Concerning the movie...I got the impression that the "religious service" was more of the minister saying "grace" before a communal meal. Also, when the SHTF there will be no jails/prisons and even minor infractions of the law will result in summary executions. In the movie, the young men executed by the Sheriff had stolen food and killed the people guarding it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
  9. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Probably will get firearms sometime in the future I agree without weapons you are a sitting duck during TEOTWAWKI

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Once upon a time, before radiator coolant additives became prevalent, the coolant was just plain water thatmight h a ve some rust in it, but could be consumed, or at least could be distilled.

I'd try distilling water saved from the windscreen wiper reservoir, if anybody had bothered to fill the reservoir. Even the wiper reservoir may be contaminated. I us uyally put some metholated spirits in it...to help the blades remove grime from the glass.

Gator 45/70 and Thunder5Ranch like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7