Weapons from the basic things around you

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Motomom34, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

My wife is Irish with an attitude...God help anyone she catches trying to break in...just sayin'...no weapons needed!

2. PapaGrune

PapaGrune Inside the firestorm

I am a little late on this. Water guns filled with the nasty stuff. Ammonia, bleach, vinegar, kerosene. I am not sure what will standup to what fluid. water balloon filled with somethings.. It hit me in Wally-nart

kellory likes this.
  3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

So, there I was walking through some caves enjoying a cup of tea, right.....

GrayGhost, chelloveck, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  4. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I know bleach will work for a fact-at least short term. Back when I was in Jr high a punkass junior got on the bus with a 50 cent squirt gun filled with bleach. Thought it was great fun to soak people's clothes. Now this was back when teachers and bus drivers could actually do something about punks. Said punk shot a kid in the eyes with the bleach. NEVER will forget the beatdown that driver gave the punk. I mean whupped his ass like he was a grown man. THREW that kid off the bus in the middle of nowhere and then started flushing the injured kid's eyes with water that he had in a thermos jug....

GrayGhost likes this.
  5. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Let's not forget that nice 1-1/4" diameter, 3' long OAK clothes hanging rod in your closets! Trust me, you will cause some damage with one of those. ;)

6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Most of those rods are luan a light weight pine like wood, don't waste your time. It will breaks very easily. You would be better off with a simple wood cane.

7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I have lots of sharp pointy metal self-defense items. Plus a baseball bat, fireplace poker, hatchet, garden tools, so many things...not to mention if my ghost peppers produce, I've got that added 'insurance'. You can always make trip wires, camo'd pitfalls, and the like for DEWs/perimeter defense.

kellory likes this.
  8. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

If accosted outside your home - (I read this years ago) - you can snap an external radio antenna off of any parked vehicle and use it as a whip, preferably across the face or eyes of your assailant.
    ...and who can forget, from the movie "Death Wish", a half a roll of quarters dropped into a sock. (Charles Bronson was my idol of my younger days, found out later he was also a real kick butt kind of guy during WWII).

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  9. Altoidfishfins

Could always replace it with a piece of 1 1/4" thin wall steel pipe.

10. kellory

Or simply replace them with oak rods now. Though you would need to strip the clothes off it to use it as a weapon. Why not just stash a piece of pipe or bat in the closet, ready to rumble with out the delay or noise.

11. Altoidfishfins

Good point.
    Friend of mine was having trouble with a neighbor about twice his size. He acquired a piece of scrap aircraft fuel line (or maybe it was hydraulic hose) that was covered on the outside with stainless steel braid.
    One day the big fellow broke the lock on his front door and presented himself in the living room. The friend grabbed the hose and went for the knees. The big fellow dropped like a rock.

12. kellory

Good choice. Knees are a great target.

13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

"Basic things around you" should include pre-positioned "things" in the house and/or garage. (Outside, matters are entirely different.) I've been know to put cut down shovel handles in strategic locations back from the doors in case an invader forced me away from the item behind the door.

14. kellory

I have a tamper handle behind my door. That with put a hurt on for sure.

15. kg4jxt

kg4jxt Monkey

several have mentioned household chemicals, but none mentioned the BEST one: Hornet Spray - it has a long range which is safer - keep your distance from an attacker when you can. It shoots a pretty fine stream and it keeps spraying so you can correct your aim and follow your target. Oh, and it is bad for your target's health.

sec_monkey, KAS and oldawg like this.
  16. kellory

I believe that is flammable as well, which would add flame thrower to it's @25' reach.....;)

KAS likes this.
  17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Great topic, @Motomom34! If harm is your intent, anything is a weapon. I don't mean it in a bad way. For example, if someone is trying to harm my family, my intent will first be to avoid and evade. And if that is not successful, my intent will be to harm that person(s) until they are no longer a threat. And I wouldn't be shy about what I used.

Just posted this elsewhere.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411339381.068009.

I really like stuff on me and things that won't land me in jail. Magazine, pen, keys, belt, jacket, scarf, umbrella, flashlight, loose change, etc. Can use anything, even your own body when needed. When I a was a kid (who am I kidding, I'm still a kid), I watched kung fu movies where the guy killed someone with a coin. Started practicing throwing pocket change. You can sting someone pretty good. At one point, I was able to stick quarters and nickels into a door from about 10 feet or so.. But a handful thrown into someone's face can buy you time to run away. No shame in that. If they persist, then the single coins can do some damage.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  18. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Got pipe ? Improvised single shot shotguns are easy to fabricate.[OO]

Not gonna post a how-to as I don't wish to draw the ire of the mods but an interweb search would be a "slam bang".[tongue]

gran-free, KAS and Yard Dart like this.
  19. 44044

44044 Monkey+++

A flat tile spade that is sharp on all three edges

that lays in the bed of my truck, you don't

want to be on the wrong end of it...

Dunerunner, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  20. nathan

nathan Monkey+++

Railroad spikes, and club are handy for dog situation in woods

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Ganado
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Dunerunner
  7. DKR
  8. Dunerunner