West Nile Notice

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Tracy, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I just got this notice (from a school) in my email about West Nile:

Dear Parents,

Apologies to those of you who dislike broadcast e-mail, but *** County officials have requested that we pass along this information about West Nile virus, recently discovered in our community....

Good reminder. Thought I'd pass it along.

If you're interested, here's a link to the USGS disease maps (link came from the CDC's Statistics, Surveillance and Control page).

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[​IMG]<st1:place w:st="on">Tracy</st1:place></st1:City>
    We just had a guy test positive for West Nile Virus on our project here; they are spraying the whole valley again

3. Ricochet

Ricochet Monkey+++

This may sound crazy, but I haven't been bitten by a mosquito yet this year.
    Even when Im Bass fishing out in the swampy areas.
    Seems strange, but in my area there aren't many Mosquito's this year!

But you all be careful West Nile is horrible.

4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

To be honest, I haven't been attacked this year, either. I haven't seen many, even outside in standing water - no larvae (oddfoosed).

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Buggers moved here.

6. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Well Ghrit

While you have my sympathy about having to deal with em I do appreciate the fact that you were willing to take so many of them. On a side note we haven't had that many cases of WN here either this year. We had a very wet June and July and we did have a outbreak of them but they seemed to disappear rather quickly.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I would like to report that mosquitoes are alive and healthy in Mobile, Alabama and don't seem to be doing too badly here in the Bahamas either.

8. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

There were plenty of them down in Houma Louisiana as well. Not bad here at home in MO though.

9. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Due to the lack of rain here we haven't had many in my parts

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7