What about your BOV?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by gillman7, Dec 17, 2006.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

More BOV's, EMP proof to the best of my knowledge. Back when the tires were stock.

4-2 (Medium).

2. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

That there is a nice, well kept lawn you got there E.L.
    Oh and nice quads too.

3. E.L.

Thanks!

4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

That mud doesn't look too gritty, how did it taste

Nice quads, I can only wish [chopper]

5. E.L.

It tasted pretty nasty. We buried the 650 Rincon 4x4, and a friends Polaris 800 4x4 in a couple of mudholes where a D8 was stuck. It was a fun day. You could not see anything but the whites of my eyes.
    4-1 (Medium).

6. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Good times playing in the mud on a quad or dirt bike, only riden other's quads. I'm amazed the places those 4x4's quads go, wish we had taken pics last time we went wheelin of the quads that were there. Yeah, not much protection from the environment, that's 1/2 the fun.

7. BuckBall

BuckBall Woman Hater

I went and sold my BOV...was perfect, even EMP proof...all it devoured was oats and grass and I've been kicking myself for the last year. Raine was a fine horse and went where gas hogs couldn't.

8. E.L.

I sold one of my dirt bikes and now we only have one left. We never rode them once we had the four wheelers. I have been places on a four-wheeler/ATV that you never would have thought would have been possible.

9. The Expendable

The Expendable Bread and Circus Master

Sorry for the late notice, but if anyone is interested there is a program on tonight at 11:00 on NatGeo. It's "The Science of Armored Cars". I watched it earlier this evening and it was very interesting. If I had an extra $300K to spend on the ultimate BOV, I would have to get one of these. Then bring on the zombies! :)

10. cowboy63645

cowboy63645 Monkey++

My BOV is the wife's daily driver...2002 Chevy Trailblazer EXT. Has enough seating for 7 people, enough storage for food and water and clothing for up to 2 weeks, with the 4.2 six cylinder it gets about 23 mpg on the hwy, and is 4 wheel drive. I have added a 3" lift, with the rear coil spring setup it is comftorabe to ride in, and I swapped out the OEM coil springs for 1/2 ton avalanche rear coil springs which added lift and carrying capacity. The only other things I am adding is a full front brush guard, tail light guards, front mounted receiver hitch for my multi mount winch, and a roof mounted gun rack system that holds up to 4 rifles/shotguns, as well as a roof mounted rack for lights and fuel storage

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7