What are you working on this week

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by KAS, Feb 12, 2014.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Nice big pot of Salt Water.....boil them for 15 Minutes, Drop them in Cold water, and start shucking the exoskeleton.... Each Crab makes an 8-10# Bag of frozen Meat.....

tacmotusn likes this.
  2. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

i dont even want to think about what the wife is paying per pound for the legs in Lousiana

3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Thanks for the offer KAS.. Help is always welcome.. If you get here by the fall then there will be veneson on the grill ...

swampbilly and KAS like this.
  4. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

well were is it u never know were i mat end up espically if it is near water

swampbilly likes this.
  5. swampbilly

swampbilly Gone Galt

KAS likes this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Last time I used one was in high school metal shop. They are good quick welders, but can only be really used on thin sheet stuff.

swampbilly likes this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Still dropping and sectioning trees for firewood. I am at a temp stop point til Monday on that because my trailer I haul them to the splitter on is full of trash from my last renter and the dump ain't open until then. I have two big ones down and cut up, with all the non firewood tops and small stuff cleared away. I am not going to move those unsplit trunk sections twice just to drop more. I have maybe 6 more to drop. Makes no sense to move the splitter as I have about 3 trailer loads unsplit right where the splitter is at, as well as a willing splitter/stacker. So today I drained my 425 gallon rain catchment tank, and rinsed it out with clean well water. It had a rather vigorous algae bloom/growth inside. I have to move it anyway so I can dig a tie in RV discharge line to my septic system. Moving along on the to do list as weather, time, and energy permits. I ain't getting any younger, and I have sure as hell been sore and tired lately. LOL

8. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Just pushed off a lot for my son's/DIL's house. We have it sitting on beams adjacent to the lot. Want to top the trees prior to placing it. Snow put a halt on moving a set of beams to a job and the cold weather stopped two jobs in progress. Getting older and more crotchety about working in cold/messy conditions--lol. Have a half dozen piles of limbs in the front yard where we have been taking out over crowded/small trees and a few dead ones. Have a few larger to remove for the pond expansion next fall. Been cleaning out my treasures (moma's trash) and hauling to the recyclers for a bit of extra cash. New target rifle(25-06) and have loaded a couple hundred rounds for it. 100 223 in the tray and a few hundred of 357/38/357 Sig/45s finished. Lots of time while the snow/rain is around.

tacmotusn likes this.
  9. William Antrum

William Antrum GunMetal Monkey

is primarily used in sheetmetal fab

KAS likes this.
  10. William Antrum

William Antrum GunMetal Monkey

11. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

hey i finaly finished a compost tumbler now i just have to get them to put stuff in it while im away!!!!

tacmotusn likes this.
  12. Dont

I do have a couple of small silted in ponds that an occasional frog visits.. Or a nice large lake within easy driving distance..

KAS likes this.
  13. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I cleaned the chicken coop out today, first time since last fall. Wore one of those N95 masks to do it. Not because I'm worried about avian/bird flu or nothing, but if you've ever cleaned out a chicken coop, you'll understand.

14. Dont

Was it enough? Have done a lot of cleaning out in the spring.. Ough!

15. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Well I didn't have to take any fresh air breaks, which means it got done alot faster. Always good.

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

IMG_0804. I am filling the Porch with Firewood this week so I am ready for the cold Snap that is due this weekend.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  17. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Shoveled two feet of snow off the roof Friday during a thunderstorm in the pouring rain to prevent it from collapsing.

KAS likes this.
  18. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Headed out to clean out gutters, while we are fully thawed.

19. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Garden. Now is the time (here) to plant peas, lettuce, radishes, etc. Stuff just didn't germinate when we did it later last year so the boxes have been planted after being turned, etc. It's only two 4x8 (about 18" high) raised beds but if we can get things to actually produce this year, we should have a fair amount of "extra" veggies.

20. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Upgrading the rabbit house. Insulation in walls and ceiling, corrugated poly siding on the inside walls for easy cleaning, adding some windows and two exhaust fans to help with ventilation. Hooking up 275 gallon water reserve to their waterlines. I'm adding 2 more rare breeds this fall when Nationals rolls around and figured I'd better get all this done ahead of time. Still need a lot more cages before they get here too.

If I get all that done, I may clean out the chicken coop. I have too many in there and the poop is adding up too fast.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7