What are you working on this week

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by KAS, Feb 12, 2014.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Gutters and downspouts cleaned, memory sticks found and installed, now to reassemble the computer and see if maxing the memory helped.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Nothing..... my wife has me still working on flooring of the downstairs, a new pantry shelving system and about twenty things I have not started as of yet....[gone]

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Cleaning off my reloading bench and getting ready to get back to it!! I've been saying that for months..It's time to get off my a$$!!

4. xls

xls Monkey

It has been just to cold for this winter to do anything , when the weather breaks I will be off and running.
    I will be attempting to build my new home, old one didn't work out with the wife. She didn't see fit I should live there a year or so back .
    I am now hating the house trailer I rent ( do not know how people live in them and find them ok , it has to be out of necessity.
    I will also be build a second tire structured building 40x40 for a storage space . And with any luck I can build both with the approval and blessing of my new half.

kellory likes this.
  5. xls

xls Monkey

More things we shall be working on this year.
    Food storage. I have the means to grow my own but.... I find that durring the season I can buy things cheaper from the amish pthen the effort needed to grow my own .

500 lbs of potatoes
    #25 large bags green beans
    6 bags peas
    15# boxes of tomatoes.

Then we will do some slaughtering of cattle, deer, goat, chicken and make some stews along with some smoking, salting for long term storage.
    Maybe 40-50 quarts of peach, apple,pear jams, jellies and then do sim air dried chips.
    You hardcore (prepared for anything guys) know how important it is to have the significant other involved and the pains if she is not interested.

6. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

when it comes to building a shope or storage space out of tires u dont ask for permission u just do it and tell her to zip it up this is man turf !!! grow a set and stand your ground!!!
    Thats good advice!!!!

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. xls

xls Monkey

Good advice indeed but I was having fun with the permission stuff. I got rid of the last lady in my life who said no, this woman is a 12 year marine....... She love to do anything like this , I was having some fun, didn't mean to be taken so literal .

And before it gets hit on the last wife thought her opinion mattered enough that she started griping and I seen her feeling so I maned up and spent close to a year and 200k on the settlement to get rid of that mess, I never have been so happy about my hobbies , new current wife is worse then " the guys" if I ask she is he++ yeah let's go.... Pure happyness. I would go to war with her any day.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
    KAS, tacmotusn and Yard Dart like this.
  8. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Slain /slush and crap has hit me , so the logging & the mill work is off . Back on the wizzbang feather plucker .

Feb 27th
    Pulled 180 chicken plucking fingers ..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
    ditch witch and tacmotusn like this.
  9. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

@xls you are a fortunate soul indeed!! A Marine for a wife...

KAS likes this.
  10. Darwin

Darwin Monkey

Worked out a deal with a friend to get a Nice stick (Rem 700 VSSF .308 with a Vortex Viper 4-16x50) for the wife so I can have mine back. Waiting for crap weather to pass.

11. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Getting my garden in place, biggest thing right now. Wont be long and the plants will be in the soil.

GOG likes this.
  12. munchy

munchy Monkey+++

Getting garden stuff in order and taking out more tree's. Gonna be a while before planting season but should have a good start in a friend's greenhouse.

GOG likes this.
  13. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Plumbing.... putting a bathroom back together... :eek:

GOG likes this.
  14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Moving freakin dirt from here to there. Leveling a pad area for parking a large RV next to the carport of the new house. I also have to put in a waste water discharge line to tie in with my septic system as well. The rain here is not making it easy. Damn glad to be done cutting trees down for awhile though I'll tell you.

GOG likes this.
  15. xls

xls Monkey

Fun for the weekend....
    I am currently putting together my wife and I kayaks for a weekend on the water. Time for some relaxing fun here. 60 miles of water and nature, I just hope that nature is ready for us.

GOG likes this.
  16. xls

xls Monkey

I got the garden turned after saying there was no need to do so. A person can never have enough food.

I plan to use a couple of old fiberglass boat hulls(4) to create a makeshift cellar.

GOG likes this.
  17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

How the HELL is that an option or possible / possibility ???( link to known facts) ;) let me in the Knowledge. I need help , mine is a total lip yank , can't read a tape measure , but talks like a foreman on issues . WTF, wear WCB boots !!!

~~~~~~~~~~
    Edit this was a joke , My wife can't read the lines on a tape measure , but just rolls of a reading in fractions , From NOW on she gets the dumb end. And wear ladder boots not rubber slip-ons .. After a few bad cuts & frustration , you read it. So I took it as xls has a kit that he has with building a wife " Some Assembly Is Required" , I have my 5mm allen

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Taxes. When that is done, will get a rifle build off the ground.

19. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Well, I have got the new larger 38 ft. RV moved to the location I was working on. I have power hooked up to it. I have my new septic tie in line trenched in and tied to the septic tank, as well as stubbed up next to the RV discharge connection (3 to 4 ft. away). I have that hooked up. I have run a potable water line extension about 50 of 85 ft. and will tie it in to the cold water supply for house, and to RV (final connection via a proper potable water RV hose) by close of business today, or maybe first thing tomorrow. I still need to dabble with DSL/phone, and TV antenna hook ups.

GOG, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  20. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Working on the garden this week. 11 - 20" pots, potting soil, plants, you know!!

GOG and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7