What are you working on this week

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by KAS, Feb 12, 2014.

1. xls

xls Monkey

I wish someone would put WINTER away. It's cold and nasty .

GOG likes this.
  2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Bought a Yamaha BW 200 rebuilding it and getting it ready for camo paint then into the woods canyons hunting

3. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Brrrr, 70+ one day and 36 the next. Yes, am ready for spring also. De grassed two raised beds and added two wheel barrows of manure to each. Two to go and will be ready for plants/seeds. Easter is the 20th and plan on having lots of seeds into the ground the week before--unless they are calling for that "Easter cold snap". Just had to cut a bit more wood as the stack is almost gone. Thought I had plenty for the winter--silly me. Almost time to burn the brush piles.

GOG likes this.
  4. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I started hardening off my vegetable starts. I also started another 120 plants in starter trays this morning.

I enlarged and got some compost on my Hugelkultur garden. I'm stepping/terracing it into the side of a hill rather than making it freestanding. I'll be buying some yards of compost after the first to top it off.

I also disassembled my old wheelbarrow and sanded and oiled the wood and sanded the barrow. I need to pick up some lacquer thinner to wipe it down and then I'll prime and paint it. I'm also going to replace the wheel and tire while I'm at it. It's over twenty years old and I want it to outlast me. ;)

5. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Got the roof on the Duck / bird barn .
    Now I'm under cover , I should have it nicer to work out of the rain. I'll post pix when were done.

GOG, Yard Dart and tacmotusn like this.
  6. I receive a lot of run off from the mountain, I have a good culvert dug, and now I am in the process of damning it up. It will allow me to store a large amount of water to be purified if needed. I

GOG and kellory like this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

M
    Make sure the law allows for it. It is a good idea, but there is a complete section of law about water, and Water Rights.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and if you do something, that you later find was Not Legal, the Monetary Consequences, to you, will be Significant, and can be both Criminal, and Civil, in nature. .....

9. I am a little secluded, and have only been here for 3 years. Since its rainwater and my property, I can always claim it was there when I bought the property. Thank you for the heads up though, I will look into it just to be sure (big brother) doesn't come after me for it. After all, non of us truly own our properties!

ozarkgoatman and Yard Dart like this.
  10. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Not really house related but it is activity happening on my property.

Finally finished building my SBC 400 and got the front clip off the K5 Blazer. Gonna clean up the frame, wiring and a few other things while the front clip is off before installing the engine.

I could resist adding another project before finishing my Blazer. A few days ago I bought a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee in need of some repairs/mechanics special. Hopefully, I figured out what all is special about it prior to purchase.

11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Just about ready to finish my project changing out all the shelving system in the Pantry. The wife gave me a picture and asked me to build it..... Just have to finish the last three boards with stain and then I can wrap this puppy up. We have been remodeling the downstairs for months now... hard to do when you also have a day job.... so much for flipping homes, not enough time in the day.
    IMG_20140330_152707_131.

12. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

That's clever YD. [winkthumb]

Yard Dart likes this.
  13. Yard Dart

We finished our Pantry this weekend.... and now we just need to reload it. [winkthumb]
    IMG_20140406_144625_602.
    IMG_20140406_144633_838.

ditch witch, GOG, Bear and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

I like this idea a lot!... good stuff @Yard Dart :0)

Yard Dart likes this.
  15. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Nice idea YD.

Yard Dart likes this.
  16. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

I finally got around to trying to make some can holders/rotaters this weekend. After making about every mistake possible, I got one done. WOOHOO! Made it out of some 1/16" paneling and some 3/4 X 1" pine. The rest should be a lot easier. They work like the soup holders at the store. :)

Kajun

GOG, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  17. Yard Dart

Pic's? :)

18. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

1960 Ford Falcon, 144 Cu. In. 6 cylinder with 3 speed manual transmission.
    It got 30 mpg back in it's day. 55 years later, auto manufacturers brag when their cars get 30 mpg.
    It doesn't need a technician to maintain or repair it either!

Attached Files:

GOG, Yard Dart, kellory and 1 other person like this.
  19. Yard Dart

We finished our little breakfast bar project. It has been fun to do a little wood working.... :) Now I just need to do all the door casing's and base board molding downstairs and the remodel will be finished, after the new countertops go in a couple of weeks from now.
    IMAG0032.

20. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

Nice. You're a man of many parts.

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7