What are you working on this week

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by KAS, Feb 12, 2014.

1. wastelander

wastelander Bad English, bare with me

I'm out in a BOL with the family and I got a fever so I'm in deep trying to make a safe portable network for this little cottage and learning stuff about IT security. Building a network I guess one would say.

Dont and GOG like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@wastelander If you have any trouble, or questions, post in the Tech forum.... we have a BUNCH of Monkeys that do this stuff for a living..... who would be happy to help out.....

Hammerhead and wastelander like this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Thank you GOG... I can be a man of many talents as I like to be a jack of all trades....
    but I fear I am more of a pawn of the honey do list...hahahahahh$#$#$#$#$#*^%$^&(^{(*&*&{(*({&)(& ;)

GOG and kellory like this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Brought home an antique professional drafting table for my son the architect in training, ( college). It will get sanded down, and refinished to suit him.

GOG likes this.
  5. Yard Dart

Very nice Kell, I love a good drafting table!!! I use one to strip drawings for estimates when I work from home....

kellory likes this.
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I would use one for projects, but don't have the room in my shop.

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I picked up a little over thirty dozen quart canning jars from a friend today for $2.50 a dozen! There's some pretty sweet older jars in the batch as well. There's some Atlas, Drey, Mason (with the star), Presto and a few others I can't remember. There's also some Ball Bicentennial jars.

There's mostly Ball and Kerr jars, but there's about seventy five plain unmarked jars as well. Apparently they used them for canning, but I think I'll just use them for dry storage.

Now I have to stock up on lids and liners. The nice thing is that I should be able to accumulate them over a few months and not be out the cash all at once.

ditch witch, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  8. xls

xls Monkey

Got a grasshopper mower given to me as scrap metal, upon a closer inspection it turned out to have a good 20 horse power kohler engine.
    I decided to invest a few $100.00 bucks if needed to get this machine back to like new. The only reason I could find to have junked it was the deck was badly rusted (extremely)
    so in my spare time I will be welding/fabricating a new deck from the dimensions of the factory deck shell. All said and done I should have a nice mower come spring to keep the orchards cut

GOG and kellory like this.
  9. Yard Dart

Making a dump run today..... The summer time projects have built up a pile of crap in the garage and side yard, that needs to get gone. Now that the weather has turned the "winter" switch on, I need my indoor work space cleared out. The table saw has been pushed into the corner and needs to get back into a working position.

A new honey do project in the pipeline now that I need to gear up for. Going to rip out the master closet carpet and molding. We ( I use that term loosely as that mostly means me) are going to lay a hard wood floor in there and then put in a modular closet system..... :) A nice winter project now that I have the downstairs 95% complete.

kellory likes this.
  10. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Completed the high vent on the septic system. This included a carbon filter at the top of the stack with an extractor and bird preventer.

Last week it was a set of one way breathers for the inside of the house. These allow us to have a smooth roof and no chance of a wind blown emergency with rain in the home.

Yard Dart likes this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

installing roof solar , installed 1.5" con- pull wires 16 pair 2morrow .
    roof work is the last . just need NO RAIN!

techsar, ditch witch and Yard Dart like this.
  12. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Just got done going through several boxes of vacuum tubes. Just not enough coffee to do that often ;)

Yard Dart likes this.
  13. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Well I was working on packing the freezers full. One store had uncut, cryovac NY Strip on sale for $3.98 a pound, another had chicken quarters in 10 pound bags for .39 cents a pound. Sweet peppers were on sale 3 for $1 instead of the usual .99-$1.59 each. I got 70 pounds of chicken quarters brined, then rinsed, sealed and frozen, plus 20 NY Strips, and about 10 pounds of sliced peppers done before the Foodsaver gave up the ghost. Still have 10 pounds of chicken in the fridge and had planned to go get 3-4 more bags before the sale was over.

So tomorrow will probably turn into Clean Chicken Coop Day.

techsar and Yard Dart like this.
  14. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

My plan for the coming week is to can my butt off :)

15. xls

xls Monkey

I need to get ready for our winter months, get the yard cleaned up, some game in the freezer and then it's spend time with my wife through the winter. Here is to great family winter moments and fire place memories.
    Hope everyone has them.

Yard Dart and ditch witch like this.
  16. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

angola prison rodeo today ...
    And the best and cheepest rocking chairs on eartth!!

17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Got the pull of 10-gauge 16 pair pulled & up . MY ARMS are longer :) . That was one rotten in the attic job , when the BIG solar attic comes I'll be real cranky . Picking up more batterys next few weeks also , holy clothes again :)

Sloth

kellory likes this.
  18. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

You're not suppose to Hug the Batteries.

William Antrum likes this.
  19. Yard Dart

So you are canning ham?! ;)

HK_User, KAS and kellory like this.
  20. William Antrum

William Antrum GunMetal Monkey

Working on finding stable employment ...meanwhile I am also putting together a nice lil metal lathe package ... 11" swing 37" between centers.pics forthcoming ....

KAS, vonslob, oldawg and 1 other person like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7